This September I'm heading Down Under for a year on a working-holiday visa accompanied by my cousin. We are flying from Vancouver, Canada to Perth. My sister is currently living in Perth, so we are spending a month with her to get ourselves organized for our travels the following month.
I'm wondering if any of you could supply me with any suggestions/alterations to our "plan" (it's not set in stone just yet). We'll both be going with around $8,000 CDN. Since we both have been approved for a working-holiday visa, we are going to be working odd jobs throughout our travels (if they'll hire us....).
So, our plan is to spend the month of September in Perth and fly into Melbourne or Sydney (cannot decide which one) and spend about 4 days in each place (?). If we fly into Melbourne, after spending some time sight-seeing, we make a trip over to Tasmania. After we've explored, fly to Sydney. From this point on, we will be renting a camper van to drive up the East Coast. We don't exactly have an official route to take but this is sort of a rough copy of a route we are considering: start Sydney, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Noosa, Fraser Island, Whitsundays, Cairns (last stop), fly back to Perth. I'm thinking this would take us a month.
Oh, and some of our interests include: beaches, outdoors, history, watersports, food.... (just to name a few). Also, I'm vegan, and i'd imagine I won't have any difficulties finding options seeing as Australia is Westernized, but if anyone could recommend any restaurants or anything, that'd be swell!
I know the itinerary isn't perfect, so that's why i'm writing here to ask you all to help revise it! Oh, I forgot to mention we plan on doing the majority of our cooking in our camper van, and perhaps go out and eat a few times (we are on a budget, so i've read this is a lot more cost-efficient).
Last thing, if anyone can recommend any camper van companies also that'd be wonderful! I've been looking at wickedcampers and spaceshipsrentals.
Thanks for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney-Things to Do
- 2 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 3 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 4 Milford Sound Cruises
- 5 Travel passes within Australia
- 6 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 7 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 8 drive or fly?
- 9 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 10 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea