This September I'm heading Down Under for a year on a working-holiday visa accompanied by my cousin. We are flying from Vancouver, Canada to Perth. My sister is currently living in Perth, so we are spending a month with her to get ourselves organized for our travels the following month.
I'm wondering if any of you could supply me with any suggestions/alterations to our "plan" (it's not set in stone just yet). We'll both be going with around $8,000 CDN. Since we both have been approved for a working-holiday visa, we are going to be working odd jobs throughout our travels (if they'll hire us....).
So, our plan is to spend the month of September in Perth and fly into Melbourne or Sydney (cannot decide which one) and spend about 4 days in each place (?). If we fly into Melbourne, after spending some time sight-seeing, we make a trip over to Tasmania. After we've explored, fly to Sydney. From this point on, we will be renting a camper van to drive up the East Coast. We don't exactly have an official route to take but this is sort of a rough copy of a route we are considering: start Sydney, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Noosa, Fraser Island, Whitsundays, Cairns (last stop), fly back to Perth. I'm thinking this would take us a month.
Oh, and some of our interests include: beaches, outdoors, history, watersports, food.... (just to name a few). Also, I'm vegan, and i'd imagine I won't have any difficulties finding options seeing as Australia is Westernized, but if anyone could recommend any restaurants or anything, that'd be swell!
I know the itinerary isn't perfect, so that's why i'm writing here to ask you all to help revise it! Oh, I forgot to mention we plan on doing the majority of our cooking in our camper van, and perhaps go out and eat a few times (we are on a budget, so i've read this is a lot more cost-efficient).
Last thing, if anyone can recommend any camper van companies also that'd be wonderful! I've been looking at wickedcampers and spaceshipsrentals.
Thanks for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 LA Fashion Week plucks local girl to model
- 2 2 full days in Cairns
- 3 Weather in Fiji
- 4 Advice on Itinerary for New Zealand-12 full days
- 5 new zealand road maps?
- 6 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 7 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 8 Final Itinerary and A Few Questions
- 9 Melbourne eateries
- 10 Au Pair
- 11 Transport changes in Prague
- 12 Manly Jazz Festival - 2015
- 13 You asked for it, and now you've got it a new Fighter
- 14 Itinerary Help! Queenstown Five Day Return Trip
- 15 Complete Novice
- 16 Kangaroo Island
- 17 Which cruise in Strahan?
- 18 New Zealand by cruise vs. land
- 19 Where to visit
- 20 Which escorted tour of Australia, NZ, Tasmania?
- 21 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 22 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 23 Tasmania trip itinerary update - thoughts appreciated
- 24 2weeks in Austrailia
- 25 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August