This September I'm heading Down Under for a year on a working-holiday visa accompanied by my cousin. We are flying from Vancouver, Canada to Perth. My sister is currently living in Perth, so we are spending a month with her to get ourselves organized for our travels the following month.
I'm wondering if any of you could supply me with any suggestions/alterations to our "plan" (it's not set in stone just yet). We'll both be going with around $8,000 CDN. Since we both have been approved for a working-holiday visa, we are going to be working odd jobs throughout our travels (if they'll hire us....).
So, our plan is to spend the month of September in Perth and fly into Melbourne or Sydney (cannot decide which one) and spend about 4 days in each place (?). If we fly into Melbourne, after spending some time sight-seeing, we make a trip over to Tasmania. After we've explored, fly to Sydney. From this point on, we will be renting a camper van to drive up the East Coast. We don't exactly have an official route to take but this is sort of a rough copy of a route we are considering: start Sydney, Coffs Harbour, Byron Bay, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Noosa, Fraser Island, Whitsundays, Cairns (last stop), fly back to Perth. I'm thinking this would take us a month.
Oh, and some of our interests include: beaches, outdoors, history, watersports, food.... (just to name a few). Also, I'm vegan, and i'd imagine I won't have any difficulties finding options seeing as Australia is Westernized, but if anyone could recommend any restaurants or anything, that'd be swell!
I know the itinerary isn't perfect, so that's why i'm writing here to ask you all to help revise it! Oh, I forgot to mention we plan on doing the majority of our cooking in our camper van, and perhaps go out and eat a few times (we are on a budget, so i've read this is a lot more cost-efficient).
Last thing, if anyone can recommend any camper van companies also that'd be wonderful! I've been looking at wickedcampers and spaceshipsrentals.
Thanks for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Order Pain medicines
- 2 Australia for two weeks.
- 3 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 4 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 5 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 6 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 7 Food to Try Out
- 8 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 9 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 10 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 11 Recommended guidebooks
- 12 South Island Road Trip
- 13 Surprises in Australia
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast