Some friends and I are considering doing a trip to Australia and/or New Zealand in Sept or Oct but we only have about 2 weeks that we can take off from work. We are looking to do an Australian tour that would include Sydney, Cairns and the Outback or an Australian/New Zealand tour that includes some of New Zealand and Sydney, Cairns Australia. Is one week enough time to tour New Zealand or should we just stick to Australia? I've been to Australia and travelled from the Daintree Rainforest down the coast to Sydney. None of my friends have been there so I'd really like to see NZ. Does anyone know of any tours that would be good for a group in their early 30's or are we better off just doing it on our own? We are not interested in Contiki.
Australia and/or New Zealand in 2 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 days north of Cairns
- 2 When to travel to New Zealand?
- 3 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 4 New Zealand: Milford or Routeburn Track? 8 more days
- 5 Airport Customs in Auckland
- 6 Advice needed for South Pacific ports
- 7 "The Serengeti of Tasmania" - Photos from Narawntapu NP and elsewhere in Australia
- 8 Southern Australia Itinerary Advice July 3rd-July 19th
- 9 Second try for Australia Itinerary in October
- 10 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 11 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 12 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 13 16 days all over New Zealand
- 14 My Experience Traveling in New Zealand
- 15 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 16 Tahiti Honeymoon in November?
- 17 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 18 Cairns - boat from Lizard Island
- 19 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 20 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 21 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 22 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 23 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 24 Question about the "Build Up"
- 25 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?