So I'm working on an itinerary and hoping to get some feedback from the experts here. 27 days, 25 nights in hotel. Loosing some time on the way over. First time to Australia. Doing trip like it may be my last.
- USA to Melbourne - 5 days/4 nights - have to recover from trip and Melbourne seems like my kind of place
- Coastal Road - 4 days/3 nights - i would stay in a couple towns
- Sydney - 4 days/3 nights - fly from Melbourne
- Ayers Rock - 4 days/ 3 nights - fly spend 3 nights and 2 full days
- Brisbane/Byron Bay - 6 days/5 nights - really staying in Byron Bay for a wedding - fly from Ayers to Brisbane
- Reef (Airle Beach) - 5 days/ 4 nights
- Go to Whitsundays - do a tour, take a sail, still figuring that out.
- Back to Brisbane - 1 night
- Fly Home
- Am I trying to do to much?
- Should I increase decrease days in some places?
- Should I skip Ayers Rock?
- I most likely will be travelling alone for most of this.
- I figure I will mostly want to stay on the east & southeast side, and not venture west or central Australia except maybe Ayers Rock
- 3.5 weeks definitely, perhaps a couple days over, but 21 days for sure.
- Seems Sydney or Melbourne to start, with a mix of flying and driving and making my way up to Byron Bay
- A good mix between urban, adventure and outdoors (nature, wildlife). Would love to visit the Barrier Reef, the great coastal road, do some surfing (I have done a little)
- I'm an amateur photographer so will be interested in taking lots of pics.
- Great Coastal road - this seems like something I would love to do this one for sure.
- Ayers Rock/Uluru - friend who lives there says I really should go here, but it's expensive, and complicates the trip a good deal.
Thanks in advance for any assistance. This one is a bit challenging to plan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 2 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Australia Itinerary
- 7 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 8 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 9 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 10 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 11 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 12 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 13 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 14 help with intinerary please!
- 15 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 16 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 17 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 18 Quaint
- 19 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 20 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 21 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 22 Western Australia + Where?
- 23 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 24 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 25 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?