Australia & the Pacific Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Australia & the Pacific activity »
  1. 1 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
  2. 2 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
  3. 3 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
  4. 4 Surprises in Australia
  5. 5 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
  6. 6 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
  7. 7 2 days in Auckland
  8. 8 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
  9. 9 "Aerial New Zealand"
  10. 10 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
  11. 11 South Australia in 2 weeks
  12. 12 5 nights in Sydney
  13. 13 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
  14. 14 Trip Report Best places to travel in Australia
  15. 15 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
  16. 16 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
  17. 17 Trip Report Blue Mountains - Travel Report
  18. 18 Trip Report 16 Days on the South Island
  19. 19 Cook Islands for families
  20. 20 B&B in NZ
  21. 21 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
  22. 22 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
  23. 23 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
  24. 24 Bay of Islands Day tour?
  25. 25 Auckland hotels?
View next 25 » Back to the top

Ash Cloud Over New Zealand

Jump to last reply

After many months of planning and looking forward to our 3 and a half week trip to the South Island of New Zealand, it is starting to look like we might have to cancel due to the ash cloud from the volcano. We are booked on Qantas who hasn't been flying to/from New Zealand for the last 5 days.

Until today it looked like most other airlines were flying so we figured we could at least do the London->Sydney portion of our trip and then purchase tickets for Sydney->New Zealand hop on another airline when we arrived if we had to. However, now we've read that other airlines have had to cancel flights as well and that the ash cloud could hang around for a while.

Does anyone in Australia or New Zealand have any better predictions from the meteorologists? We don't want to cancel the entire trip, but we also don't want to get all the way to Sydney to find out that we can't make it to New Zealand. We are supposed to fly out on Saturday and are really not sure what to do. If we cancel the entire trip Qantas says on their website they'll refund the cost and I think we could cancel out of our accommodations and tours. If we fly to Sydney and then get stuck then obviously we would not get a refund. We can't do this trip at any other time of the year so postponing is not an option.

We are so frustrated!

16 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement