me and my wife are doing a 14 day trip to Australia with the following itinerary in November. we need help with recommendations on the areas to stay so that we can look for hotels and B&B's accordingly. our budget will be in the range of AUD 125-AUD 200. Our preference is where public transport is easily accessible since we will be only using that. any help with this will be highly appreciated. many thanks in advance:
Melbourne 2 days
Sydney 4 nights including a trip to blue mountains. Also, should we spend a night at blue mountains (katoomba) or do a day tour.
Cairns: 2 nights
Brisbane: 1 night Brisbane and 2 nights gold coast
Adelaide: 1 night then a drive to melbourne with 2 nights on the way
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 2 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 5 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 6 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 7 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 8 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 9 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 10 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 11 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 12 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 13 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 14 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 15 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 16 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 17 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 18 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 19 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 20 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 21 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 22 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 23 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 24 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 25 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice