I am currently planning the last details of my honeymoon in NZ, and I would like some advice if poss on a little dilemma I have.
FYI, our honeymoon is an outdoor-scenery-action-filled two weeks in NZ (quite a tight schedule between driving, activities, short walking treks, and 2 day horse trek) then four days in New Caledonia doing nothing!
My husband and I really want to be able to swim with dolphins in the wild, and I was thinking of going to Kaikoura as it seems to be THE place to be for marine wildlife, but this means we won't be able to got to Abel Tasman.
Is that too much of a shame? Are we better off swimming with dolphins in Picton?
As we are finishing off our hols with 4 days in The Isle of Pines, perhaps Abel Tasman would be too similar to that (beaches etc.) ?
Our trip is mid-end March and the itinerary so far is :
2 nights in Taupo
2 nights in Wellington
2 nights in Kaikoura
2 nights Franz Josef
3 nights Wanaka
1 night on 2 day horse-trek near Glenorchy
2 nights in Queenstown
2 nights Milford Sound Lodge
So the other option I'm toying with is:
2 nights in Taupo
1 night in Wellington (get evening ferry instead of next morning)
1 night in Picton (to allow for early morning swim with dolphins)
2 nights in Abel Tasman
and then the same as 1st option...
Any advice would be most helpful and appreciated!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cheap Kitchens For Sale Colchester
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 NZ visa denials
- 4 Beers in Oz
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 7 Brisbane to Sydney
- 8 5 days in South Island
- 9 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 10 Vini SIM card?
- 11 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 12 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 13 New Zealand Itinerary
- 14 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 15 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 16 Help on Itinerary
- 17 Sydney Trip
- 18 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 19 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 20 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 21 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 22 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 23 Extra 2 nights = help
- 24 February Australia Visit
- 25 Best wildlife near sydney
Any other good places to swim with dolphins than Kaikoura.