I am currently planning the last details of my honeymoon in NZ, and I would like some advice if poss on a little dilemma I have.
FYI, our honeymoon is an outdoor-scenery-action-filled two weeks in NZ (quite a tight schedule between driving, activities, short walking treks, and 2 day horse trek) then four days in New Caledonia doing nothing!
My husband and I really want to be able to swim with dolphins in the wild, and I was thinking of going to Kaikoura as it seems to be THE place to be for marine wildlife, but this means we won't be able to got to Abel Tasman.
Is that too much of a shame? Are we better off swimming with dolphins in Picton?
As we are finishing off our hols with 4 days in The Isle of Pines, perhaps Abel Tasman would be too similar to that (beaches etc.) ?
Our trip is mid-end March and the itinerary so far is :
2 nights in Taupo
2 nights in Wellington
2 nights in Kaikoura
2 nights Franz Josef
3 nights Wanaka
1 night on 2 day horse-trek near Glenorchy
2 nights in Queenstown
2 nights Milford Sound Lodge
So the other option I'm toying with is:
2 nights in Taupo
1 night in Wellington (get evening ferry instead of next morning)
1 night in Picton (to allow for early morning swim with dolphins)
2 nights in Abel Tasman
and then the same as 1st option...
Any advice would be most helpful and appreciated!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 0nline COMCAST Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830 COMCAST ACCOUNT 24*7
- 2 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 3 Vacation to New Zealand during deep Winter
- 4 5 days trip in South Island
- 5 5 nights in Sydney
- 6 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 7 14 day South NZ Trip
- 8 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 9 North Island Itinerary Help
- 10 Visa for Australia
- 11 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 12 Hotel Sydney
- 13 Transportation advice needed
- 14 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 15 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 16 Three days in Cairns
- 17 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 18 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 19 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 20 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 21 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 22 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 23 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 24 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 25 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
Any other good places to swim with dolphins than Kaikoura.