My husband and I will be traveling from Mumbai, India to NZ for the first time. We are in our mid 30s and are interested mostly in the beautiful NZ scenery. Would appreciate if you could help us plan and advice the itinerary based on your experiences. A few details for the trip:-
- Excluding the travel days - we will have 12 full days in NZ. Inclusive of Travel days it comes to 14 days.
- We will be traveling mid-October.
- We are looking at flying into Auckland and flying out of Christchurch
- We plan on renting a car and driving but are open to flying/ or taking a train where required
- We are definitely more inclined towards the South Island but are excited about Geothermal attractions in the North Island. Also excited about the seeing Hobbiton but not able to gauge if it is worth it or are we just feeling excited seeing the photographs?
- Want to know if we can give the Waitomo caves a miss? Or is it a must do?
- Are there good Maori cultural tours and wine tours in South Island? Any recommendations?
I am aware that 12 days are not enough to cover both South and North Island hence want to make a conscious decision if we do have to skip the North Island.
Would appreciate any advice on the above and how to go about building the best possible itinerary for this trip!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Six Weeks Down Under
- 2 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 3 The southern lights
- 4 Picton Drive Through
- 5 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 Mel's NZ Photos
- 8 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 9 August Honeymoon Help?
- 10 How to split up Australia?
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 15 East Coast Australia
- 16 North and South Island of NZ
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand