I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Brisbane to Sydney
- 2 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 3 Vini SIM card?
- 4 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 5 5 days in South Island
- 6 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 7 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 8 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 9 New Zealand Itinerary
- 10 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 11 NZ visa denials
- 12 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 13 Help on Itinerary
- 14 Sydney Trip
- 15 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 16 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 17 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 18 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 19 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 20 Extra 2 nights = help
- 21 February Australia Visit
- 22 Best wildlife near sydney
- 23 Where to go in Australia
- 24 Bruny Island
- 25 Western Australia