I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Wellington accommodation
- 2 5 week itinerary help
- 3 Traveling to Hawaii
- 4 First trip to the North Island in many years, not sure where to start
- 5 Perth, Australia sets new world record for Krispy Kreme sales
- 6 Great food/local favorites
- 7 This special community - Fodorville
- 8 Franz Josef hostels/cabins
- 9 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 10 South Island - 8 days in February
- 11 Australian Aborigines
- 12 Great food/local favorites
- 13 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 14 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 15 Sydney
- 16 Incredible hotel
- 17 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 18 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 19 australia new zealand trip advice
- 20 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 21 Milford Sound Cruise
- 22 14 day South Island Self drive
- 23 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 24 Cruise New Zealand
- 25 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!