I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 2 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 3 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 4 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 5 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 6 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 7 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 8 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 9 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 10 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 11 Travel to New Zealand
- 12 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 13 Tour operators
- 14 4 weeks itinerary
- 15 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 16 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 17 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 18 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 19 travel agency for PNG
- 20 Blue Mountains
- 21 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 22 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 23 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed
- 24 A week in Brisbane/Sunshine coast, sightseeing suggestions needed.
- 25 Melbourne hotels