I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Great Ocean Road
- 2 Opal card?
- 3 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 4 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 5 Milford Track - Alternate options when the huts are not available?
- 6 New Zealand Trip 13D/13N - Need help to finalize itinerary
- 7 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 8 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 9 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 10 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 11 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 12 Planning a trip in Australia
- 13 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 14 Good Base for a stay in Australia
- 15 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 16 New Zealand South Island trip - Itinerary guidance
- 17 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 18 Campervans/Motorhome questions
- 19 Tasmania Itinerary for a fly fisherman
- 20 2 weeks trip in Australia
- 21 How is this itinerary?
- 22 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 23 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 24 Wallis and Futuna decision
- 25 practical advice needed - GPS, phone, hotels