I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney
- 2 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 3 First trip to NZ (2 weeks in Dec/Jan)
- 4 Skiing for beginners
- 5 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 6 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 7 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 8 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 9 Itinerary Help
- 10 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 11 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 12 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 15 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 16 Sydney and Auckland
- 17 Internet access
- 18 Night Out Byron Bay
- 19 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 20 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 21 10 days itinerary
- 22 Fremantle my love..
- 23 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 24 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 25 Books?