I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 2 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 3 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 4 help with intinerary please!
- 5 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 6 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 7 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 8 Quaint
- 9 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 10 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 11 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 12 Western Australia + Where?
- 13 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 14 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 15 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 16 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 17 A few days in Darwin
- 18 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Hiking, cycling, and kayaking on the South Island
- 21 Ride sharing Service
- 22 Our Three weeks in Australia and PNG
- 23 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 24 My tips for NZ motorhome hire
- 25 Which glowworm dell is better – Hokitika or Fox Glacier (Minnehaha)?