I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 4 Six Weeks Down Under
- 5 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 6 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 7 Flood Emergency Services
- 8 7 days in New Zealand
- 9 Hamilton Island
- 10 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 11 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 12 16 Days on the South Island
- 13 Need help in Auckland
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 15 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 16 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 17 Uber in Sydney
- 18 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 21 Darwin Accomodations
- 22 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 24 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 25 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas