I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney CBD & Potts Point accommodation
- 2 Cairns/PD - can we manage without a car?
- 3 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 4 Paging Cathies
- 5 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 6 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 7 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 8 Family trip over Spring Break
- 9 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 10 NewZealand honeymoon suggestions
- 11 5 days in Tasmania
- 12 August week end in Auckland
- 13 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 14 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 15 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 16 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 17 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 18 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 19 Help
- 20 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 21 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 22 Byron Bay or ...
- 23 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 24 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 25 How many days needed in Sydney?