I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 2 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 3 South Island Trip Planning: Akaroa Tour or Tranzalpine?
- 4 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 5 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 6 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 7 North island New Zealand-help
- 8 Rarotonga
- 9 Australia New Zealand - help with itinerary
- 10 New Zealand SI book ahead??
- 11 South Island trip in Oct.
- 12 transfer services between Sydney Airport and hotels
- 13 What Do you Think of My Itin
- 14 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 15 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??
- 16 7 full days itinerary in Melbourne
- 17 Cairns or Melbourne? Trip Feedback
- 18 Overnight Great Ocean Road
- 19 New Zealand Honeymoon Itinerary
- 20 A week in Fiji
- 21 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 22 15 days Australia road trip off Sydney
- 23 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 24 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 25 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip