I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 2 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 3 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 4 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 5 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 6 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 7 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 8 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 9 Small group multi-day hiking operators around Queenstown NZ?
- 10 Question about the "Build Up"
- 11 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 12 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 13 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 14 Tipping
- 15 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 16 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 17 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 18 auckland connection
- 19 Five weeks in ANZ
- 20 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 21 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 22 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 23 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 24 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 25 Sydney