I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tongariro NP hikes - advise please!
- 2 9 days itinerary south and north NZ
- 3 North Island itinerary - does this work?
- 4 Hire car in Melbourne
- 5 Help with Australia Itinerary
- 6 Present Host Parents
- 7 Six Days in New Zealand South Island
- 8 Broad Intin for Australia
- 9 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 10 Fraser Island or Coffs harbour
- 11 Australia help
- 12 New Zealand itinerary advice please
- 13 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 14 Which company is better? if we would like to buy a SIM card
- 15 Milford Track vs Jomalhari trek in Bhutan
- 16 Ferry between islands
- 17 A Short Stay in Adelaide City
- 18 28 days to campervan around australia
- 19 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 20 hotel options in Melbourne
- 21 Where can I rent a pocket wifi in NZ?
- 22 South Island Final Itinerary (mostly)
- 23 Port Douglas - Car Hire or not?
- 24 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 25 3 days itinerary for Melbourne- Suggestions required