I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/booty-pop-cream-reviews/
- 2 a month in Australia help please
- 3 Few days in NZ, what to do
- 4 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 Winter tragedy on the Routeburn Track (NZ)
- 6 Help me choose among these Sydney hotels, please
- 7 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 8 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 9 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 10 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 11 Planning an Australia trip, not sure where to begin
- 12 AUSTRALIA
- 13 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 14 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 15 6 Days South Island Help
- 16 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 17 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 20 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 21 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 22 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary
- 24 Dining
- 25 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne