I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cheap Kitchen Units For Sale Leicestershire
- 2 Cheap Kitchen Units Sheffield
- 3 Six Weeks Down Under
- 4 Kaikoura-Picton coast road
- 5 Picton Drive Through
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 8 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 9 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 10 North and South Island of NZ
- 11 The southern lights
- 12 Mel's NZ Photos
- 13 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 14 August Honeymoon Help?
- 15 How to split up Australia?
- 16 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 17 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 18 Brisbane to Sydney
- 19 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 20 East Coast Australia
- 21 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 22 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 23 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 24 Marlborough Sounds
- 25 Blue mountain in July