I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Setup ☎ HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Vacation to New Zealand during deep Winter
- 3 5 days trip in South Island
- 4 5 nights in Sydney
- 5 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 6 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 7 14 day South NZ Trip
- 8 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 9 North Island Itinerary Help
- 10 Visa for Australia
- 11 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 12 Hotel Sydney
- 13 Transportation advice needed
- 14 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 15 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 16 Three days in Cairns
- 17 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 18 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 19 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 20 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 21 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 22 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 23 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 24 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 25 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases