I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Help needed--GBR, Daintree, Mossman, Atherton
- 2 Pre cruise Sydney hotel recommendations
- 3 Car hire in NZ
- 4 Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Question
- 5 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 6 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 7 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 8 Cruise, tour company or self directed of Aus/NZ?
- 9 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 10 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 11 Mammals and avians in SA and NSW
- 12 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 13 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 14 Hobart accommodation
- 15 Car rental for Kangaroo Island
- 16 to Kangaroo Island by rented car on the ferry ?
- 17 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 18 New Zealand advice
- 19 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 20 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 21 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 22 Extra time in Melbourne
- 23 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 24 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 25 Four Seasons Sydney