I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 2 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 3 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 4 Paging Cathies
- 5 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 6 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour
- 7 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 8 Traveling between Australia and New Zealand in June
- 9 Weather ?
- 10 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 11 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 12 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Need Help with a 16 night itinerary in Australia with Kids
- 14 Itinerary Planning
- 15 Sydney - City to Surf. 10 August 2014
- 16 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 17 South IslandItinerary Help
- 18 Australia Trip Report with Pictures May 2013
- 19 Lazy, don't want to research on line..
- 20 Sydney for 3 days
- 21 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 22 Help -- tight flight connection in Auckland
- 23 Conquering Great Walks
- 24 Accommodation Brisbane
- 25 Great Barrier Reef in January/February??