I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 2 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 3 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 4 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 5 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 6 Song doc - one for you
- 7 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 8 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 9 Jet Star?
- 10 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 11 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 12 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 13 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 14 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 15 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary Planning
- 17 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 18 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 19 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 20 NZ South Island Plan
- 21 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip
- 22 Campervan help please!
- 23 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 24 suggested 6 day itinerary for South island New Zealand in December
- 25 Wicked Camper: DON'T ever hire from them!!!!!!!!!!