I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Canberra
- 2 Need suggestions for things to do in Australia
- 3 Europcar car rental scam - follow-up and solution
- 4 Is the ferry crossing between islands in NZ rough?
- 5 1st Visit to Australia: Itinerary Help
- 6 Tasmania in may with 11 month baby for about 12 days
- 7 Sydney - GTG with Raincitygirl - April
- 8 HELP New Zealand highlights in 10 days
- 9 Perth Hotels
- 10 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 11 Extra time in Melbourne
- 12 Anyone ever stayed at the Lighthouse Cottages on Kangaroo Island?
- 13 Is this overkill for Fiordland / The Sounds?
- 14 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 Sydney taxi driver-USD or credit card
- 17 Where to stop for lunch on way to Blue Mountains
- 18 Kangaroo island
- 19 Kangaroo Island - need sanity check and inputs
- 20 REX AIRLINES-from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
- 21 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 22 No Snakes, No Worries: A Summer Trip to New Zealand
- 23 Whitsundays Rainforest survival tour
- 24 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 25 Sculptures by the Sea 2015, Cottesloe Beach