I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 2 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 5 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 6 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 7 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 8 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 9 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 10 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 11 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 12 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 13 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 14 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 15 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 17 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 18 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 19 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 20 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 21 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 22 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 23 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 24 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 25 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget