I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
- 1 Cruise New Zealand
- 2 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 3 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 4 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 5 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 6 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 7 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 8 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 9 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 10 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 11 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 12 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 13 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 14 Paihia or coromandel
- 15 Emirates and Jetstar
- 16 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 17 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 18 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 19 14 days in NZ in February
- 20 16 days all over New Zealand
- 21 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 22 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 23 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 24 Heading to Australia!
- 25 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed