I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Advice for July trip to Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney
- 2 NZ: A Series of Bitter Disappointments -- a Songdoc Trip Report
- 3 Location suggestions: beachy long weekend from Auckland?
- 4 mobile wifi device for Australia
- 5 One day in Fiji
- 6 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 7 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 8 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 9 Australia and New Zealand 2 month itinerary
- 10 Experienced Aussie travellers needed for a survey
- 11 Done crying and only drinking a little.
- 12 I've read the posts and still either want to cry or drink! Help
- 13 Help with South Island Itinerary Please
- 14 Sydney MyMulti Pass
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 16 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 17 Which Fiji or Cook Island ?
- 18 Hobart
- 19 2 week trip in AU: 5 nights in Sydney and 5 nights in Cairns area?
- 20 Should we change our plans ???
- 21 Melbourne Tram riders and visitors
- 22 Leaving on a jet plane....
- 23 Avoid Europcar car rental
- 24 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 25 The Rainbow Coast, Western Australia photos