I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Top 5 Natural Acne Remedy Treatment Options
- 2 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 3 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 Apex car rental in Australia
- 8 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 9 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 11 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.