I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 2 new zealand road maps?
- 3 2 full days in Cairns
- 4 Final Itinerary and A Few Questions
- 5 Melbourne eateries
- 6 Au Pair
- 7 Transport changes in Prague
- 8 Manly Jazz Festival - 2015
- 9 You asked for it, and now you've got it a new Fighter
- 10 Advice on Itinerary for New Zealand-12 full days
- 11 Itinerary Help! Queenstown Five Day Return Trip
- 12 Complete Novice
- 13 Kangaroo Island
- 14 Which cruise in Strahan?
- 15 New Zealand by cruise vs. land
- 16 Where to visit
- 17 Which escorted tour of Australia, NZ, Tasmania?
- 18 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 19 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 20 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 21 Tasmania trip itinerary update - thoughts appreciated
- 22 2weeks in Austrailia
- 23 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 24 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 25 How is this itinerary?