I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney-Things to Do
- 2 Car Rental Tarvel to Kangaroo Island
- 3 Travel passes within Australia
- 4 drive or fly?
- 5 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 Milford Sound Cruises
- 8 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 9 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 10 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 11 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 12 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 13 Nelson, New Zealand
- 14 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 15 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 16 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 17 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 18 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 19 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 20 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 21 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 22 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 23 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 24 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 25 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI