I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 2 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 3 4 weeks itinerary
- 4 North Island
- 5 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 6 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 7 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 8 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 9 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 10 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 11 Rental Cars Locations Auckalnd
- 12 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 13 Knowing the right shipping cargo container.
- 14 Travel to New Zealand
- 15 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 16 Tour operators
- 17 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 18 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 19 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 20 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 21 travel agency for PNG
- 22 Blue Mountains
- 23 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 24 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary
- 25 camper van tour.. 5 months itinery needed