I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 January-March When to visit NZ
- 2 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 3 Hikes in New Zealand
- 4 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 5 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 6 Tiger Air and Baggage Fees
- 7 Nervous American driving in AU
- 8 Domestic flights in Australia? when?
- 9 9.5 days in New Zealand
- 10 Milford Sound day trip sounds like too long a day!
- 11 New Zeaaland
- 12 Scuba trip Great Barrier Reef
- 13 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 14 HELP! New Zealand 2weeks July with baby (and pregnant)
- 15 New Zealand on our own?
- 16 2nd year visa extentiom
- 17 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 18 Sydney places to stay
- 19 Sydney in March
- 20 Help, 24 hours in Tassie to fill!!
- 21 Australia/New Zealand in 2 weeks
- 22 Help with itinerary! 2 wks in Aus
- 23 Box Jellies on the GBR
- 24 2 wks in Aus - need help with itinerary
- 25 Nelson, New Zealand