I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 14 day South NZ Trip
- 2 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 3 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 4 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 7 One-day hike in Milford area
- 8 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 9 Best national park around Sydney
- 10 1 night stay around GOR
- 11 7 days in New Zealand
- 12 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 13 NZ repeat visitors
- 14 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 15 South Island Suggestions
- 16 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 17 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 18 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 19 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 20 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 21 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 22 New Zealand Car Rental
- 23 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 24 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 25 4 weeks in New Zealand