I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 VERIZON@1+800:982:8520 Password ReSet CONTACT Technical SUPP0RT CaRe
- 2 Surprises in Australia
- 3 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 4 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 5 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 6 2 days in Auckland
- 7 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 8 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 9 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 10 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 11 5 nights in Sydney
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 13 Best places to travel in Australia
- 14 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 15 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 16 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 17 16 Days on the South Island
- 18 Cook Islands for families
- 19 B&B in NZ
- 20 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
- 21 Suggestions needed for Australia itinerary
- 22 12 day Trip to NZ in Nov 2017
- 23 Bay of Islands Day tour?
- 24 Auckland hotels?
- 25 Vacation to New Zealand during deep Winter