I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tasmania's Maria Island Walk
- 2 13 days New Zealand (both NI & SI) - Final Itinerary - Request for Feedback
- 3 9 Hour layover in Sydney, what to do?
- 4 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 5 Planning 2 weeks in Australia (Dec, 2015)
- 6 16 Days NZ Trip
- 7 Phone card/prepaid phone
- 8 Best route from Launceston to Cradle Mtn and return to Freycinet
- 9 Warrnambool AND Oddball.
- 10 18 days in New Zealand - Advise
- 11 Queenstown/Otango for 72 hours
- 12 February visit to scuba in Great Barrier Reef?
- 13 Vava'u - Tongan Beach Resort - Photoshopped pictures on their website
- 14 Queensland Tips
- 15 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 16 Wineries with accomodations
- 17 Drivers license
- 18 Road trip to Canberra and Sydney
- 19 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 20 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 21 South Island New Zealand 28 days in a motor home
- 22 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 23 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 24 Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora
- 25 Cell Phone/Data Service for NZ