I am a 23 yo guy from Asia. I am planning on travelling to Australia for around 4-4.5 weeks beginning early March. I was hoping to get some advice with regards to the itinerary.
1. Fly in to Hobart, Tasmania. Spend 5 days in Tasmania. (5 days)
2. Fly/Ferry from Hobart to Melbourne. Spend 3 days in Melbourne. (3 days)
3. Travel from Melbourne to Sydney. Spend 5 days in Sydney. (5 days)
4. Travel from Sydney to Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast. Spend 3 days on the Coast. (3 days)
5. Travel from Sunshine Coast to Cairns. Spend 5 days in Cairns. (5 days)
6. Remaining week: confused about what to do?
In short what I have till now:
Home --> Tasmania (5 days) --> Melbourne (3 days) --> Sydney (5 days) --> Sunshine Coast (3 days) --> Cairns (5 days)
What I'm looking for:
I'm more of a "doing things" kinda guy rather than sightseeing. So, basically I want to do anything that involves adventure. For eg. rafting, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, bungee jumping. Anything that gets my heart pumping. I'm planning to do the 3/5 day live aboard Reef trip from Cairns. I only included Tasmania because someone told me that its great for adventure.
Of course, this does not mean I don't want to do any sightseeing at all. I look forward to seeing the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge etc. But, that shouldn't be the theme of the trip.
What I need help with:
1. Filling in the gap 7 days.
2. Itinerary in Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania etc.
3. I may need to work remotely for around 2 hours per day so I will need an internet connection. If anyone can suggest a good prepaid data sim, it would be helpful.
4. Anything to add/subtract from my itinerary?
5. How do you travel around Australia? Gmaps doesn't show anything.
6. All suggestions are welcome so don't hold back.
I just started planning it out yesterday so forgive me if I haven't included anything that is considered a 'must-do'. It's only cuz I don't know about it.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I hope this thread can help others too. I'm sure there are many people going to Australia looking for an adventure.
Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam.
- 2 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 3 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 4 Ghan, Indian Pacific trains -- reserve ASAP
- 5 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 6 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 7 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 8 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 9 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 10 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 11 Accommodation Brisbane
- 12 Accommodation Brisbane
- 13 Happy Australia Day!
- 14 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 15 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 16 Tim Tam
- 17 Tipping
- 18 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 19 Transit Time at SYD
- 20 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 22 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 23 Car rentals south island
- 24 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 25 Brisbane, need short term accommodation