My husband has business in Adelaide and I plan to go with him. We can only manage a two week holiday so we thought we would focus on the Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney region. We were thinking of exploring different cities and using the train/bus to get between the cities. Coming from Canada, we would be driving on the opposite side of the road in Australia. Will public transport work or is it more sensible to rent a car? Any input you have is appreciated! This trip doesn't happen until late this year but one can never plan too far ahead!
Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney - can it be done by public transit?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 2 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 3 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 4 Cairns Activities & Excursions for 4 Days
- 5 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 6 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 7 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 8 Accommodation Brisbane
- 9 Accommodation Brisbane
- 10 Happy Australia Day!
- 11 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 12 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 13 Tim Tam
- 14 Tipping
- 15 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 16 Transit Time at SYD
- 17 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 18 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 19 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 20 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 21 Car rentals south island
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 24 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 25 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!