We will have 15 days in the SI in February. I'm always most struck by snow capped mountains and lakes so am thinking of spending a few days in Wanaka to do some hiking after seeing Milford Sound. But, this means less time in the North-Abel Tasman and Nelson Lakes. Does anyone have thoughts about whether that makes sense? How unique is Abel Tasman? Beaches don't really interest me, but it does look quite lovely. Or would Nelson Lakes be a good compromise? It seems like people have mixed views on Wanaka-I am really just looking for somewhere gorgeous to go hiking, I don't care much about the town itself. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Abel Tasman/Golden Bay or more time in Wanaka?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 2 Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney
- 3 Review our NZ Itinerary please
- 4 First trip to NZ (2 weeks in Dec/Jan)
- 5 Skiing for beginners
- 6 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 7 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 8 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 9 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 10 Itinerary Help
- 11 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 12 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 15 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 16 Sydney and Auckland
- 17 Internet access
- 18 Night Out Byron Bay
- 19 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 20 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 21 10 days itinerary
- 22 Fremantle my love..
- 23 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 24 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 25 Books?