We are two couples in our late sixties and will be taking a cruise from Aukland to Sydney. What sightseeing suggestions does anyone have for a couple of days in Aukland before boarding the cruise ship as well as a couple of days in Sydney after disembarking? We have also been told that an additional side trip to Cairns to see the Rain Forest and Great Barrier Reef is a must. Any ideas on where to stay and the best way to spend our time in seeing these cities and sites?
A quick two days or so in New Zealand, Sydney and Cairns
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 2 Paging Cathies
- 3 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 4 5 days in Tasmania
- 5 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 6 Help
- 7 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 8 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 9 Byron Bay or ...
- 10 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 11 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 12 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 13 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 14 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September