This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tolls Between Sydney and Katoomba, Including Harbor Bridge?
- 2 Cruise around Australia and New Zealand-followed by land tour
- 3 Urgent help on 12 Nights South Island Itinerary
- 4 New Zealand: 2 week Honeymoon: Itinerary planning
- 5 5 guys travelling the GOR in March
- 6 New Zealand trip, Nov 2014 Part 2
- 7 1 Night Glentanner Park 1 Night Aoraki Court Motel
- 8 Help with Australia/NZ itinerary in October.
- 9 Help with itin Jan and Feb for Australia and New Zealand
- 10 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 11 New Zealand trip, Nov 2014
- 12 The Kimberley - Outback Spectcular
- 13 Southwest WA Itinerary Sept 2014
- 14 Australia in Oct - Sydney or Perth?
- 15 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 16 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 17 Sydney 23 Dec - 1st Jan then onto Perth advice please.
- 18 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 19 Please help with our first attempt at New Zealand itinerary
- 20 planning honeymoon trip in Australia in February
- 21 12-14 Days - Sydney and Auckland - January 2015
- 22 Tahiti? First time Impressions? Good French Polynesia Deals?
- 23 Paging Cathies
- 24 Transit time between international connections at Brisbane Airport?
- 25 Cape Trib-self-drive or tour