This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 1 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 2 Transportation from Sydney Airport to Four Seasons
- 3 Is Katafanga Resort Open Yet?
- 4 Logical Airline Schedule for 2014 trip.
- 5 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 6 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 7 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 8 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 9 PBS Movie"A Town Called Alice"
- 10 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 11 Two 21 year old students (male) travelling from Brisbane to Cairns
- 12 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 13 Paihia or coromandel
- 14 Emirates and Jetstar
- 15 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 16 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 17 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 18 14 days in NZ in February
- 19 16 days all over New Zealand
- 20 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 21 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 22 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 23 Heading to Australia!
- 24 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 25 South Island Itinerary