This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 2 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 3 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 4 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 5 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 6 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 7 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 8 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 9 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 10 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 11 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 12 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 13 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 14 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 15 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 17 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 18 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 19 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 20 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 21 Sorting out time in Sydney
- 22 Please help finalize our Tasmania itinerary
- 23 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 1
- 24 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 25 10 day sailing French Polynesia on a budget
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013