This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Great food/local favorites
- 2 First trip to the North Island in many years, not sure where to start
- 3 This special community - Fodorville
- 4 Franz Josef hostels/cabins
- 5 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 6 South Island - 8 days in February
- 7 Australian Aborigines
- 8 Great food/local favorites
- 9 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 10 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 11 Sydney
- 12 Incredible hotel
- 13 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 14 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 15 australia new zealand trip advice
- 16 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 17 Milford Sound Cruise
- 18 14 day South Island Self drive
- 19 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 20 Cruise New Zealand
- 21 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 22 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 23 New Zealand Accommodations
- 24 16 days all over New Zealand
- 25 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed