This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Need Advice for NZ winter trip itinerary
- 2 Need help on 2 week itinerary - North Island, winter, with kids (5, 7, 10)
- 3 Sydney on New Years Eve: Worth It?
- 4 Franz Josef or Mt. Cook?
- 5 Help a North American understand winter in New Zealand
- 6 One day in Sydney
- 7 New Zealand Itinerary January/February
- 8 Dec trip - Itinerary planning help and recommendations
- 9 3 days for trip from Christchurch
- 10 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 11 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 12 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Sydney & New Zealand (South Island)
- 14 Fiji - Snorkel & Scuba
- 15 9 days in Fiji
- 16 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 17 Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?
- 18 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 19 Australia Itinerary Help In July/August
- 20 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 21 New Zealand/Fiji/Tahiti/Australia oh my
- 22 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 23 Final leg of trip: SI to NI
- 24 Australia Trip Report: Hayman Island/SCUBA/GBR (part 5)
- 25 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013