This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 2 Night Out Byron Bay
- 3 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 4 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 5 Sydney and Auckland
- 6 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 7 10 days itinerary
- 8 Fremantle my love..
- 9 Internet access
- 10 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 11 Packing List
- 12 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 13 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 14 Books?
- 15 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 16 Choosing a Visa
- 17 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 18 One spare day in Darwin
- 19 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 20 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 21 Travel Visa
- 22 Canberra
- 23 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 24 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney
- 25 Family Trip to New Zealand: Would love itinerary thoughts!