This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
Sept 25 - Depart 7.15pm NZ8 Akl to San Francisco. Arrive SFO 12.15pm (Wed 25th). Flight time 12:00 followed by epart 2.35pm VX90 (Virgin America) SFO to DC. Arrive 10.45pm. Flight time 5:10
AirNZ are a fabulous airline and their business class service from Auckland to San Fran is amazing. Taking Virgin from San Fran to DC is a much better option than United. The plane was clean and service friendly.
4 great days in DC with friends. Lots of fun and laughter had.
Followed by a couple of trains Amtrak B211FF Union Station to MD-BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Leaves 9.25am, takes 27 mins and then back on scungy United to fly to Chicago.
Departs Baltimore at 12.12pm, arrives Chicago at 1.13pm.
I'd recommend flying out of Baltimore rather than DC. Easy connections and much cheaper prices for me to get to Chicago from Baltimore than from DC. Well worth a 30 min train ride!
A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best Car rental company to use--Australia & New Zealand
- 2 Is French really spoken in Tahiti?
- 3 South and North New Zealand in three weeks
- 4 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 5 Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 6 Accommodation Brisbane
- 7 Accommodation Brisbane
- 8 Happy Australia Day!
- 9 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June
- 10 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 11 Tim Tam
- 12 Tipping
- 13 Hobart and Launceston- 4 days each sound ok?
- 14 Transit Time at SYD
- 15 Australia Vacation Sept 2014: Focus on WA
- 16 Where to visit outside Melbourne for several days?
- 17 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 18 Where to stay near Melbourne
- 19 Car rentals south island
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Brisbane, need short term accommodation
- 22 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 23 Pls help with NZ South Island 12 days with surfing itinerary!
- 24 New Zealand South Island in 8 days!
- 25 OZ and NZ with a 16month old baby