My parents and I are considering a trip to Australia and the pacific this coming summer July-Aug. We hope to spend a month traveling around. I am looking for suggestions on time spent and where to visit. I know that we definitely would like to visit Australia (Sidney and Barrier Reef are required) as well as New Zealand and possibly Fiji. As I began to explore the internet for ideas, I was overwhelmed and excited by all the other possible places to visit (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, etc.)
We will do some diving while we are there, but we are definitely not looking for a dive trip... My parents aren't overly active so they would not be up for a lot of hiking as well. Typically we enjoy driving adventures, food, culture, sights, nature/wildlife, etc.
Any thoughts about destinations, amount of time to spend in each, can't miss sights, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 2 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 3 Tasmania
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
- 6 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 7 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 8 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 9 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 10 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 11 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 12 Accommodations Brisbane
- 13 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 14 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 15 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 16 Repositioning cruise
- 17 18 days nz.
- 18 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 19 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 20 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 21 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 22 Help finding affordable aprking
- 23 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 24 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown
- 25 Melbourne--in the summer is air conditioning a must ?