My parents and I are considering a trip to Australia and the pacific this coming summer July-Aug. We hope to spend a month traveling around. I am looking for suggestions on time spent and where to visit. I know that we definitely would like to visit Australia (Sidney and Barrier Reef are required) as well as New Zealand and possibly Fiji. As I began to explore the internet for ideas, I was overwhelmed and excited by all the other possible places to visit (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, etc.)
We will do some diving while we are there, but we are definitely not looking for a dive trip... My parents aren't overly active so they would not be up for a lot of hiking as well. Typically we enjoy driving adventures, food, culture, sights, nature/wildlife, etc.
Any thoughts about destinations, amount of time to spend in each, can't miss sights, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
A month in the pacific
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne