My parents and I are considering a trip to Australia and the pacific this coming summer July-Aug. We hope to spend a month traveling around. I am looking for suggestions on time spent and where to visit. I know that we definitely would like to visit Australia (Sidney and Barrier Reef are required) as well as New Zealand and possibly Fiji. As I began to explore the internet for ideas, I was overwhelmed and excited by all the other possible places to visit (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, etc.)
We will do some diving while we are there, but we are definitely not looking for a dive trip... My parents aren't overly active so they would not be up for a lot of hiking as well. Typically we enjoy driving adventures, food, culture, sights, nature/wildlife, etc.
Any thoughts about destinations, amount of time to spend in each, can't miss sights, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
A month in the pacific
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Please Help?
- 2 14 day honeymoon in NZ. Itinerary help please
- 3 5 days in Tasmania
- 4 August week end in Auckland
- 5 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 6 Limestone Coast, South Australia - ideas needed
- 7 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 8 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 9 Paging Cathies
- 10 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 11 Cairns itinerary - inputs needed
- 12 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 13 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 14 Help
- 15 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 16 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 17 Byron Bay or ...
- 18 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 19 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 20 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 21 NZ vs Aust
- 22 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 23 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 24 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 25 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road