My parents and I are considering a trip to Australia and the pacific this coming summer July-Aug. We hope to spend a month traveling around. I am looking for suggestions on time spent and where to visit. I know that we definitely would like to visit Australia (Sidney and Barrier Reef are required) as well as New Zealand and possibly Fiji. As I began to explore the internet for ideas, I was overwhelmed and excited by all the other possible places to visit (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, etc.)
We will do some diving while we are there, but we are definitely not looking for a dive trip... My parents aren't overly active so they would not be up for a lot of hiking as well. Typically we enjoy driving adventures, food, culture, sights, nature/wildlife, etc.
Any thoughts about destinations, amount of time to spend in each, can't miss sights, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Good day. I can't hide this great testimony
- 2 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 3 New Zealand Car hire for 6 days - Apex or Ace
- 4 New Zealand Trip: Late September/South Island/10 days.
- 5 Campervans/Motorhome questions
- 6 practical advice needed - GPS, phone, hotels
- 7 Restautant recommendations
- 8 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 9 Milford Track - Alternate options when the huts are not available?
- 10 New Zealand Trip 13D/13N - Need help to finalize itinerary
- 11 Opal card?
- 12 Great Ocean Road
- 13 Red Centre - how long to stay
- 14 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 15 Australia & New Zealand tour companies
- 16 Two weeks in Australia: 2015 Trip Report
- 17 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary Help
- 19 Planning a trip in Australia
- 20 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 21 Good Base for a stay in Australia
- 22 Looking for feedback on four week itinerary
- 23 New Zealand South Island trip - Itinerary guidance
- 24 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 25 Tasmania Itinerary for a fly fisherman