Hoping for some advice.
I am visiting South Island NZ for the first time. In and out of Queenstown 17-27 September - Hiring a campervan and driving around
My sister will be with me from 17-21 September so we are trying to plan a rough itinerary to get her back to the Airport on time. Can anyone offer advice on the below itinerary? Could this work any better and what am I missing in the area? Sister really wants to visit Mount Cook and Wanaka (she has done Queenstown etc)
17 SEP - Arrive Queenstown 3pm
18 SEP - Drive to Mount Cook via Lindis Pass
19 SEP - Hooker Valley walk and Lake Tekapo (Church of the Good Shepherd for evening photography)
20 SEP - Tasman Glacier somehow?
21 SEP - Drive to Wanaka ( Sister to catch bus etc to Queenstown for 5pm domestic flight)
22 SEP - Climb Mount Roy
23 SEP - Relax Wanaka
24 SEP - Drive to Queenstown
25 SEP - Queenstown (overnight Te Anau)
26 SEP - Milford Sound Cruise
27 SEP - Fly out of Queenstown 3pm
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 weeks in NZ
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Hamilton Island
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 7 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 8 In and around Sydney
- 9 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 10 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 11 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 12 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations