Hoping for some advice.
I am visiting South Island NZ for the first time. In and out of Queenstown 17-27 September - Hiring a campervan and driving around
My sister will be with me from 17-21 September so we are trying to plan a rough itinerary to get her back to the Airport on time. Can anyone offer advice on the below itinerary? Could this work any better and what am I missing in the area? Sister really wants to visit Mount Cook and Wanaka (she has done Queenstown etc)
17 SEP - Arrive Queenstown 3pm
18 SEP - Drive to Mount Cook via Lindis Pass
19 SEP - Hooker Valley walk and Lake Tekapo (Church of the Good Shepherd for evening photography)
20 SEP - Tasman Glacier somehow?
21 SEP - Drive to Wanaka ( Sister to catch bus etc to Queenstown for 5pm domestic flight)
22 SEP - Climb Mount Roy
23 SEP - Relax Wanaka
24 SEP - Drive to Queenstown
25 SEP - Queenstown (overnight Te Anau)
26 SEP - Milford Sound Cruise
27 SEP - Fly out of Queenstown 3pm
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 2 NZ 1 week
- 3 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 4 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 5 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 6 Australia for two weeks.
- 7 Palau Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island