Looking for some feedback on my itinerary on South Island in October.
Will be flying into Christchurch and out of Queenstown.
Day 1 - Arrive 3pm Christchurch. Stay Christchurch.
Day 2 - TranzAlpine to Greymouth, pick up car and drive to Hokitika/Franz Josef/Fox Glazier. Stay in one of those locations. Suggestions welcome on which town to stay.
Day 3 - Glazier hike/helicopter (half day). Drive to Wanaka via Haast Pass. Stay Wanaka.
Day 4 - Wanaka, Stay Wanaka.
Day 5 - Wanaka. visit Arrowtown.
Day 6 - Drive to Te Anau. Stay. Milfords Sound.
Day 7 - Drive to Queenstown. Stay Queenstown.
Day 8 - Queenstown. Fly out in the afternoon.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Building defect report Melbourne
- 2 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 3 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 4 Living in the City on a Budget
- 5 Hamilton Island
- 6 Six Weeks Down Under
- 7 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 8 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 9 In and around Sydney
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 12 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 13 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 14 3 weeks in NZ
- 15 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 16 Flood Emergency Services
- 17 7 days in New Zealand
- 18 16 Days on the South Island
- 19 Need help in Auckland
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 21 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 22 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 23 Uber in Sydney
- 24 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef