I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
7 nights NEW ZEALAND - South Island
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The Great Australian Adventure
- 2 Very beginning of very rough itinerary
- 3 Shoe Recommendations for NZ??
- 4 First time in NZ and only have a week
- 5 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 6 Songdoc's Tasmanian Honeymoon
- 7 NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?
- 8 18 & 19 year old traveling for two weeks after 7 months in Brisbane
- 9 Must See/Dos in New Zealand
- 10 21 day New Zealand Itinerary with Milford Track
- 11 Songdoc - Skippers Canyon
- 12 7 day south island itinerary help, start/end in Queenstown
- 13 Moorea - Villas/House/Condo's
- 14 Great Ocean Road Itinerary
- 15 5 week itinerary help
- 16 Beachmere Australias most Unfriendly Town
- 17 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 18 New Zealand Trip - Solicit suggestions
- 19 Margaret River, One Bite at a Time
- 20 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 21 Ideas for holidays in Australia in January/February
- 22 This special community - Fodorville
- 23 New Zealand -help with itinerary
- 24 Traveling to Hawaii
- 25 Great food/local favorites