I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
7 nights NEW ZEALAND - South Island
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Abel - Kayak and Walk / Timing Questions
- 2 I've been, I've been to the Land Down Under...
- 3 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 4 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 5 Sydney and Auckland
- 6 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 7 Internet access
- 8 Night Out Byron Bay
- 9 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 10 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 11 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 12 10 days itinerary
- 13 Fremantle my love..
- 14 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 15 Packing List
- 16 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 17 Books?
- 18 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 19 Choosing a Visa
- 20 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 21 One spare day in Darwin
- 22 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 23 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 24 Travel Visa
- 25 Canberra