I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 2 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 3 Anyone loves Skiing on Hotham?
- 4 Tasmania
- 5 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 6 Sydney - City Sights Travel Report
- 7 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 8 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 9 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 10 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 11 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 12 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 13 Accommodations Brisbane
- 14 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 15 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 16 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 17 Repositioning cruise
- 18 18 days nz.
- 19 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 20 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
- 21 New Zealand - South Island 8 days
- 22 New Zealand ~3 weeks, nature oriented tour?
- 23 Help finding affordable aprking
- 24 NZ Air Sky Couch Seats
- 25 9 days itinerary from Aukland to Queentown