I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
7 nights NEW ZEALAND - South Island
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne