I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February