I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hamilton Island
- 2 In and around Sydney
- 3 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 4 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 5 Six Weeks Down Under
- 6 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 9 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 10 Cruising AUS & NZ 2018
- 11 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 12 3 weeks in NZ
- 13 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 14 Flood Emergency Services
- 15 7 days in New Zealand
- 16 16 Days on the South Island
- 17 Need help in Auckland
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 19 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 20 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 21 Uber in Sydney
- 22 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 23 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 24 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 25 Darwin Accomodations