I'll be traveling with family to New Zealand and Australia next month, and am finally finding time to make travel plans. Included is my five year old son with special needs who is still not able to walk independently, but is too big to be carried. I figure i will pack a stroller and do the best that we can.
I have sent off inquiries to different travel companies, but want to check to see if it is possible/reasonable to rent a car and travel from Auckland and back in the seven days that we have. We are planning on spending two nights in Auckland, then i found an itinerary that has us going to Coromandel Peninsula (1 night);
Tauranga (1 night);
Hobbiton to Rotorua (2 nights)
Waitomo Caves to Hamilton (1 night)
Hamilton to Auckland (1 night) then fly out to Sydney.
What are your opinions? Is it doable? Is the driving reasonable given that we will have a toddler in the car?
I really appreciate any information. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 The whisky trail.
- 2 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 3 Another itinerary question
- 4 Australia Itinerary
- 5 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 6 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 7 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 8 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 9 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 10 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 11 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 12 help with intinerary please!
- 13 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 14 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 15 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 16 Quaint
- 17 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 18 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Western Australia + Where?
- 21 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 22 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 23 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 24 A few days in Darwin
- 25 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance