My wife and I are planing a 25 days trip to Australia this September
here is the itinerary i came up with:
1. Landing in Sydney
2. Sydney - 3 days
3. Sydney to Brisbane by car - 3 days
4. Fly from Brisbane to Cairns
5. Cairns (3 to 4 days diving, 3 to 4 days by car to Port Douglas/Palm Cove) - 7 days
6. Fly from Cairns to Alison Springs/Ayers Rock
7. Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Ulu u and back by car - 3 days
8. Fly from Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Adelaide
9. Adelaide to Sydney (through Melbourne) by car - 9 days
10. Fly out from Sydney
I have a few questions:
is it worth the time and effort to drive all the way from Adelaide to Sydney?
is it better to fly from Alison Springs to Melbourne instead of Adelaide and drive from there to Sydney, but miss the west part of the ocean drive (Adelaide to Melbourne)?
i did not book the tickets yet so i can still change the plan and fly out from Melbourne back home and not from Sydney. is this a better idea?
we can fly from Cairns to Alison Springs and hire a car or fly straight to Ayers Rock. which is a better idea?
any other recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 How to split up Australia?
- 2 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 3 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 4 Brisbane to Sydney
- 5 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 6 East Coast Australia
- 7 Six Weeks Down Under
- 8 North and South Island of NZ
- 9 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 10 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 11 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 12 Marlborough Sounds
- 13 Blue mountain in July
- 14 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 15 Tonga January Weather
- 16 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 17 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
- 18 Scenary around Winton QLD
- 19 Alesund - Geiranger
- 20 Drive from Melbourne to Sydney
- 21 australia for first time
- 22 August Honeymoon Help?
- 23 Auckland restaurants and brewpubs?
- 24 Best way to exchange US dollars for Australian and NZ dollars
- 25 South Island - 8 days