My wife and I are planing a 25 days trip to Australia this September
here is the itinerary i came up with:
1. Landing in Sydney
2. Sydney - 3 days
3. Sydney to Brisbane by car - 3 days
4. Fly from Brisbane to Cairns
5. Cairns (3 to 4 days diving, 3 to 4 days by car to Port Douglas/Palm Cove) - 7 days
6. Fly from Cairns to Alison Springs/Ayers Rock
7. Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Ulu u and back by car - 3 days
8. Fly from Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Adelaide
9. Adelaide to Sydney (through Melbourne) by car - 9 days
10. Fly out from Sydney
I have a few questions:
is it worth the time and effort to drive all the way from Adelaide to Sydney?
is it better to fly from Alison Springs to Melbourne instead of Adelaide and drive from there to Sydney, but miss the west part of the ocean drive (Adelaide to Melbourne)?
i did not book the tickets yet so i can still change the plan and fly out from Melbourne back home and not from Sydney. is this a better idea?
we can fly from Cairns to Alison Springs and hire a car or fly straight to Ayers Rock. which is a better idea?
any other recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 3 west and north Tasmania
- 4 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 5 Trip to Cairns
- 6 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 7 Beers in Oz
- 8 NZ visa denials
- 9 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 10 Brisbane to Sydney
- 11 5 days in South Island
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help