I hope some one can help me in making my plans for my trip to NZ. I have a business trip taking me to Christchurch in June this year. I have booked my out going flight from Auckland so that i get a chance to drive up to Auckland from Christchurch. I know i may have been too optimistic but i booked the flights without figuring my actual plans.
However i would like to see the Franz Josef Glaciers or Mount Cook before i start driving up. During winter which one would be a better choice. I understand if i drive this is going to be a 20-30 hr drive approx in 4 days depending on weather conditions and if i stop to look at something else.
What other spectacular locations can i view during my drive.
My plan at this point is to drive from ChristChurch to Franz Josef or Mount Cook depending on weather conditions and what would you travel enthusiasts consider a better site.
Then drive up through Greymouth and go to Kahurangi National Park if I have time.
Take the Ferry from Picton, spend some time in Wellington possibly see Weta Caves or Hobbiton
Go up to Waitomo Glow worm Caves and then drive to Auckland and fly home.
My question is
a) Is this possible during the month of June?
b) Are there any must sees that i can do during this drive up
c) How bad is the weather in North/South Islands especially around Mount Cook or by the Glaciers
d) which one should i see?
All the help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 센토사카지노／／【【ＡkＡ8８9、Ｃ0M】】／／센토사카지노
- 2 하나카지노／／【【ＡkＡ8８9、Ｃ0M】】／／하나카지노
- 3 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 4 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 5 Feedback on 8 week OZ/NZ Itin
- 6 help with 4-night Tasmania itinerary
- 7 North Island
- 8 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 9 4 weeks itinerary
- 10 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 11 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 12 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 13 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 14 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 15 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 16 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 17 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 18 Tour operators
- 19 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 20 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 21 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand
- 22 travel agency for PNG
- 23 Blue Mountains
- 24 New Zealand North Island Trip recommendations
- 25 Please critique our South Island, NZ itinerary