I hope some one can help me in making my plans for my trip to NZ. I have a business trip taking me to Christchurch in June this year. I have booked my out going flight from Auckland so that i get a chance to drive up to Auckland from Christchurch. I know i may have been too optimistic but i booked the flights without figuring my actual plans.
However i would like to see the Franz Josef Glaciers or Mount Cook before i start driving up. During winter which one would be a better choice. I understand if i drive this is going to be a 20-30 hr drive approx in 4 days depending on weather conditions and if i stop to look at something else.
What other spectacular locations can i view during my drive.
My plan at this point is to drive from ChristChurch to Franz Josef or Mount Cook depending on weather conditions and what would you travel enthusiasts consider a better site.
Then drive up through Greymouth and go to Kahurangi National Park if I have time.
Take the Ferry from Picton, spend some time in Wellington possibly see Weta Caves or Hobbiton
Go up to Waitomo Glow worm Caves and then drive to Auckland and fly home.
My question is
a) Is this possible during the month of June?
b) Are there any must sees that i can do during this drive up
c) How bad is the weather in North/South Islands especially around Mount Cook or by the Glaciers
d) which one should i see?
All the help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 2 Phone Cards
- 3 South Island versus North Island NZ
- 4 February Travel
- 5 Is Mid October too late for the wildflowers in Western Australia?
- 6 Sydney to Brisbane
- 7 Traveling through East Coast
- 8 NZ November!
- 9 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 10 New Zealand Sth Island
- 11 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 12 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 13 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 14 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 15 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 16 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 17 Abel Tasman National Park
- 18 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 19 its just a post
- 20 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 21 New Zealand First Timer
- 22 3 Days in Positano - What Should We Do?
- 23 Kiwi chick hatches, explores
- 24 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 25 Group Transportation in Brisbane