I hope some one can help me in making my plans for my trip to NZ. I have a business trip taking me to Christchurch in June this year. I have booked my out going flight from Auckland so that i get a chance to drive up to Auckland from Christchurch. I know i may have been too optimistic but i booked the flights without figuring my actual plans.
However i would like to see the Franz Josef Glaciers or Mount Cook before i start driving up. During winter which one would be a better choice. I understand if i drive this is going to be a 20-30 hr drive approx in 4 days depending on weather conditions and if i stop to look at something else.
What other spectacular locations can i view during my drive.
My plan at this point is to drive from ChristChurch to Franz Josef or Mount Cook depending on weather conditions and what would you travel enthusiasts consider a better site.
Then drive up through Greymouth and go to Kahurangi National Park if I have time.
Take the Ferry from Picton, spend some time in Wellington possibly see Weta Caves or Hobbiton
Go up to Waitomo Glow worm Caves and then drive to Auckland and fly home.
My question is
a) Is this possible during the month of June?
b) Are there any must sees that i can do during this drive up
c) How bad is the weather in North/South Islands especially around Mount Cook or by the Glaciers
d) which one should i see?
All the help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Weather in Fiji
- 2 Advice on Itinerary for New Zealand-12 full days
- 3 new zealand road maps?
- 4 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 5 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 6 2 full days in Cairns
- 7 Final Itinerary and A Few Questions
- 8 Melbourne eateries
- 9 Au Pair
- 10 Transport changes in Prague
- 11 Manly Jazz Festival - 2015
- 12 You asked for it, and now you've got it a new Fighter
- 13 Itinerary Help! Queenstown Five Day Return Trip
- 14 Complete Novice
- 15 Kangaroo Island
- 16 Which cruise in Strahan?
- 17 New Zealand by cruise vs. land
- 18 Where to visit
- 19 Which escorted tour of Australia, NZ, Tasmania?
- 20 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 21 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 22 Tasmania trip itinerary update - thoughts appreciated
- 23 2weeks in Austrailia
- 24 Wallaby vs All Blacks in Sydney in August
- 25 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey