honeymoon in june and the plan so far is dublin to sydney for 5 nights, drive the coast to Noosa with a 2 night stay on route somewhere(byron bay maybe and ?) and then 3 days in noosa, one of which to do the Fraser Island day tour, then drive back to brisbane and fly to Airlie Beach, do 2/3 days there including whitsundays and then drive onto Cairns(one night stay on route) for 3 nights and Port Douglas for 2 nights. Fly Cairns to NZ.
in north island fly into auckland, hire a car go to rotorua and lake taupo...total 4 nights in NI. Then fly to south island,Christchurch,Franz Josef Glacier,Te Anau for 2 nights. do cruise to Milford Sound.Te Anau to Queenstown,.....please give an idea of itinerary...4 nights in NI and 9 nights in SI.
i am looking for suggestions on how to better this itinerary. can we get mt cook into this??
need ideas on the milford cruise...is it best to do the day tour or the overnight cruise.
is the driving distances reasonable??
all help and tips are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 2 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 3 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Australia for two weeks.
- 6 Palau Travel Report
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 10 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 11 Visa
- 12 Guam Travel Report
- 13 New Zealand Car Hire
- 14 Tasmania itinerary
- 15 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 16 Research on Australian Tourism
- 17 Australia and NZ visit!
- 18 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 19 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 20 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 21 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 22 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 23 Recommended guidebooks
- 24 Need Some suggestions on South Island
- 25 Auckland to Wellington with Toddler