Hi to everyone!
I’m working on a 3-week itinerary around Sydney- Melbourne, later this month, and the high costs I read, make my life difficult!
So, will try to do it intependently, backpacking, without tour groups, staying at hostels and moving by bus /train.
I have not booked anything yet (except int. flight)... I am a little late I guess...
I already got a LP guidbook, and try to connect the dots for my budget, though it seems that many beautiful suggestions are either expensive, or better to be done by driving yourself, so have to quit such places.
I admit that the low budget way, will make me miss some good spots, though still try to make an interesting, down to earth itinerary, to make an enjoyable trip.
Outside big cities, I mostly enjoy nature, photography, villages, beaches, swimming, walking -hiking, anything special or characteristic of the area, strange spots maybe…
I am not into party-drinking thing at all -50 y.o…. ...
So please do suggest if you can some low budget one- or two-day trips outside the cities!
then not to stick to Bondi beach and such nearby suburbs for long, I hope it would be possible to go a little further away!
I also plan to visit the blue mountains which seem easier accesible.
On a bus company website I read about hop on hop off trip between Sydney- Melbourne, are there various such trips available, stoping at nice places?
I would be greatful to hear some insight ideas from the experts !
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas Day in Sydney
- 2 hotels Sydney Jan 10-15, 2017
- 3 Tara Elizabeth Buchanan - Best places to visit in Sydney
- 4 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 5 Help with NZ Travel
- 6 Christmas Day in Auckland
- 7 Bora Bora- April or/vs May+Agencies/Travel/Activites/Places to stay
- 8 NZ get off cruise and drive to QT/Fjorland?
- 9 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 10 Kaikoura roads update
- 11 Free Camping
- 12 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 Clever, mischievous keas
- 15 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 16 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 17 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 18 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 19 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 20 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 21 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 22 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 23 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 24 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 25 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
3 weeks low budget solo Sydney,Melbourne-mission (im)possible?
Hi to everyone!