Hi to everyone!
I’m working on a 3-week itinerary around Sydney- Melbourne, later this month, and the high costs I read, make my life difficult!
So, will try to do it intependently, backpacking, without tour groups, staying at hostels and moving by bus /train.
I have not booked anything yet (except int. flight)... I am a little late I guess...
I already got a LP guidbook, and try to connect the dots for my budget, though it seems that many beautiful suggestions are either expensive, or better to be done by driving yourself, so have to quit such places.
I admit that the low budget way, will make me miss some good spots, though still try to make an interesting, down to earth itinerary, to make an enjoyable trip.
Outside big cities, I mostly enjoy nature, photography, villages, beaches, swimming, walking -hiking, anything special or characteristic of the area, strange spots maybe…
I am not into party-drinking thing at all -50 y.o…. ...
So please do suggest if you can some low budget one- or two-day trips outside the cities!
then not to stick to Bondi beach and such nearby suburbs for long, I hope it would be possible to go a little further away!
I also plan to visit the blue mountains which seem easier accesible.
On a bus company website I read about hop on hop off trip between Sydney- Melbourne, are there various such trips available, stoping at nice places?
I would be greatful to hear some insight ideas from the experts !
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 2 Trip to Cairns
- 3 NZ visa denials
- 4 Beers in Oz
- 5 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 6 Brisbane to Sydney
- 7 5 days in South Island
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Vini SIM card?
- 10 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 11 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 12 New Zealand Itinerary
- 13 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 14 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 15 Help on Itinerary
- 16 Sydney Trip
- 17 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 18 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 19 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 20 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 21 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 22 Extra 2 nights = help
- 23 February Australia Visit
- 24 Best wildlife near sydney
- 25 Where to go in Australia
3 weeks low budget solo Sydney,Melbourne-mission (im)possible?
Hi to everyone!