Hi to everyone!
I’m working on a 3-week itinerary around Sydney- Melbourne, later this month, and the high costs I read, make my life difficult!
So, will try to do it intependently, backpacking, without tour groups, staying at hostels and moving by bus /train.
I have not booked anything yet (except int. flight)... I am a little late I guess...
I already got a LP guidbook, and try to connect the dots for my budget, though it seems that many beautiful suggestions are either expensive, or better to be done by driving yourself, so have to quit such places.
I admit that the low budget way, will make me miss some good spots, though still try to make an interesting, down to earth itinerary, to make an enjoyable trip.
Outside big cities, I mostly enjoy nature, photography, villages, beaches, swimming, walking -hiking, anything special or characteristic of the area, strange spots maybe…
I am not into party-drinking thing at all -50 y.o…. ...
So please do suggest if you can some low budget one- or two-day trips outside the cities!
then not to stick to Bondi beach and such nearby suburbs for long, I hope it would be possible to go a little further away!
I also plan to visit the blue mountains which seem easier accesible.
On a bus company website I read about hop on hop off trip between Sydney- Melbourne, are there various such trips available, stoping at nice places?
I would be greatful to hear some insight ideas from the experts !
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Suggestions for 3 weeks
- 2 Western Australia (Denmark and New Norcia)
- 3 Australia and New Zealand Oct/Nov 2017
- 4 The whisky trail.
- 5 Another itinerary question
- 6 Australia Itinerary
- 7 Bali, Fiji, Bora Bora, Maldives? Which is better?
- 8 Family trip report: Tahiti, Huahine, Bora Bora and Moorea
- 9 1 day scenic tour from Gold coast
- 10 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 11 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 12 Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread
- 13 Is this a good time to talk about the Lions' tour?
- 14 help with intinerary please!
- 15 Early Planning to the South Pacific
- 16 Ahe to Manihi or v.v.
- 17 early planning for NZ South Island trip - please provide feedback
- 18 Quaint
- 19 Milford Sound Coach/Cruise/Fly Options
- 20 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 21 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 22 Western Australia + Where?
- 23 Port Douglas/Cairns
- 24 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 25 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
3 weeks low budget solo Sydney,Melbourne-mission (im)possible?
Hi to everyone!