Hi to everyone!
I’m working on a 3-week itinerary around Sydney- Melbourne, later this month, and the high costs I read, make my life difficult!
So, will try to do it intependently, backpacking, without tour groups, staying at hostels and moving by bus /train.
I have not booked anything yet (except int. flight)... I am a little late I guess...
I already got a LP guidbook, and try to connect the dots for my budget, though it seems that many beautiful suggestions are either expensive, or better to be done by driving yourself, so have to quit such places.
I admit that the low budget way, will make me miss some good spots, though still try to make an interesting, down to earth itinerary, to make an enjoyable trip.
Outside big cities, I mostly enjoy nature, photography, villages, beaches, swimming, walking -hiking, anything special or characteristic of the area, strange spots maybe…
I am not into party-drinking thing at all -50 y.o…. ...
So please do suggest if you can some low budget one- or two-day trips outside the cities!
then not to stick to Bondi beach and such nearby suburbs for long, I hope it would be possible to go a little further away!
I also plan to visit the blue mountains which seem easier accesible.
On a bus company website I read about hop on hop off trip between Sydney- Melbourne, are there various such trips available, stoping at nice places?
I would be greatful to hear some insight ideas from the experts !
Many thanks, happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 What To do In Australia?? Suggest Some Holiday Destination.
- 3 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 4 New Zealand-2 days in Rotorua with Toddler
- 5 Middlemarch to Queenstown transportation
- 6 Food to Try Out
- 7 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 8 30 Day Itinerary: Wellington & SI - Any suggestions?
- 9 New Zealand Dec-Jan 2017
- 10 Recommended guidebooks
- 11 South Island Road Trip
- 12 Surprises in Australia
- 13 Sydney Airport Transportation Suggestions
- 14 South Island winter time-lapse video
- 15 Moonee Valley, Caulfield, or other track
- 16 Australia Visit in Feb'18
- 17 Air BnB, a bit of a let down
- 18 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 19 Ayers Rock Alternative
- 20 Fiji Resorts for 5 nights
- 21 What is the best time to visit Australia?
- 22 New Zealand with a toddler
- 23 Gariwerd - The Grampians
- 24 New Zealand- 4 days Auckland with 2 year old)
- 25 Beautiful Spots in Australia per Conde Nast
3 weeks low budget solo Sydney,Melbourne-mission (im)possible?
Hi to everyone!