I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
27 days during August & September in Australia
- 1 Where to stay in Christchurch?
- 2 17 days in NZ - NI and SI - Would like feedback on finalizing itinerary
- 3 Travelling to Auckland - Who to use for car rental?
- 4 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 5 Alices Springs and uluru tour
- 6 Car Rental in Broome to Drop off in Perth
- 7 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 8 14 days in NZ in February
- 9 Emirates and Jetstar
- 10 Sightseeing & transport in Sydney
- 11 Toucan2 in Sydney December 31--mini GTG anyone?
- 12 16 days all over New Zealand
- 13 Songdoc's "Mini" NZ Trip Report: Auckland, Wellington & Abel Tasman
- 14 Sydney/GBR/Cairns
- 15 Interesting women's clothes shops in Sydney?
- 16 Heading to Australia!
- 17 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 18 South Island Itinerary
- 19 Franz Josef Glacier in December - Weather and Packing
- 20 A quick jaunt to WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MOOREA FRENCH POLYNESIA - Oct 2013
- 21 Trip Report: Milford and Routeburn Tracks Nov 2010
- 22 Having trouble with 17 day itinerary in Australia especially Melbourne area
- 23 Information on Transit Visa in Australia
- 24 NZ Winter 2013 (July) Trip Report - 20 days SI & NI
- 25 victoria in march