I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 2 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 3 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 4 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 5 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 6 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 7 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 8 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 9 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 10 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 11 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 12 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 13 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 14 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 15 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 16 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 17 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 18 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 19 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 20 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 21 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 22 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley
- 23 New Zealand Trip Planning
- 24 Brisbane Airpot Hotel advice
- 25 Sorting out time in Sydney