I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
27 days during August & September in Australia
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 2 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 3 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 4 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 5 New Zealand itinerary help
- 6 Hotel in Sydney
- 7 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 8 Melbourne Drive
- 9 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 10 Sydney or Melbourne
- 11 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 12 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 13 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 14 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 15 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 16 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 17 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 18 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 19 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?
- 20 New York Times guide to Perth
- 21 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 22 1 month Australia East Coast December / January - ideas
- 23 Tasmania-11 nights and more questions
- 24 Shopping for Opals
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne