I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
27 days during August & September in Australia
- 1 Jetstar boosts Transtasman flights
- 2 Darwin, Kakadu, Katherine itinerary help
- 3 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 4 Fine-tuning advice re pre/post-cruise destinations in Australia please
- 5 New Zealand South Island (mostly) Trip Report
- 6 Tasmanian West Coast
- 7 Sydney hotel
- 8 Melbourne Money Exchange
- 9 Cricket, diving and NZ - how long to fit it all in?
- 10 Australia Tour Operator Help
- 11 3 weeks in NZ self drive
- 12 Hotels in Australia
- 13 Hidden Gems in Melbourne
- 14 Help with 4 weeks on South Island!
- 15 Travel to NZ with a dog
- 16 6 hour wait at sydney for flight to brisbane. Any ideas to pass the time?
- 17 Australia 18 day trip advice
- 18 Sydney airport to Circular Quay least expensive option
- 19 BEWARE: Avoid Wicked Travel
- 20 Careful before booking any short-term accommodation on NSW Coast
- 21 Micronesia- when to visit
- 22 Seeking hike companion for Stewart Island (southernmost NZ)
- 23 Please Help my New Zealand 10 days trip Itinerary...
- 24 10 Days in NZ South Island - Feedback?
- 25 Help me plan my April - May trip to Australia