I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Tips Reducing Weight For You
- 2 Sydney to Brisbane
- 3 February Travel
- 4 its just a post
- 5 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 6 Phone Cards
- 7 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 8 South Island versus North Island NZ
- 9 Is Mid October too late for the wildflowers in Western Australia?
- 10 Traveling through East Coast
- 11 NZ November!
- 12 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 13 New Zealand Sth Island
- 14 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 15 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 16 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 17 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 18 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 19 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 20 Abel Tasman National Park
- 21 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 22 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 23 New Zealand First Timer
- 24 3 Days in Positano - What Should We Do?
- 25 Kiwi chick hatches, explores