I am in process of planning my trip and need help with the 4 weeks of the greater trip that I will be in Australia. I will be in Australia from 8/15 to 9/12. (27 full days) I land in Melbourne and depart from Sydney. This is my tentative ideas, but clearly I need some guidance. One of my considerations is also keeping travel costs down so if anyone has suggestion on how to make it travel efficient let me know.
So this is what I have:
3 days in Melbourne
4 days in Red center (I plan on doing a camping tour for three days for major sights plus one day just in Alice Springs)
2 days Great Ocean Drive
2 days in Adelaide (maybe if I drive and fly from there instead of returning from Port Fairy to Melbourne?)
6 days between Cairns / Daindree / cape tribulation / Port Douglas / Kuranda / Wooroonooran National Park
3 days in Canberra
5 days in Sydney (including a day trip to blue mountains)
I still have a few days free and I am not convinced on Adelaide which if I skip would give me yet a few more days. I am thinking somewhere between Cairns and Sydney I should visit, but not sure the travel logistics of that and where that should be. I look forward to all your wonderful ideas.
Oh one more question, can anyone fill me in what winter weather means in all these places? I know what cold means up north, but down there not sure cold means the same.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney-Things to Do
- 2 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 3 drive or fly?
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 8 Nelson, New Zealand
- 9 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 10 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 11 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 12 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 13 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 14 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 15 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 16 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 18 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 19 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 20 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 21 Boat charter Raitea
- 22 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 23 Cairns Australia
- 24 New Zealand Weather - Help!
- 25 Getting to Picton