My wife and I are planning to travel between January 2015 and end of February and are traveling from United States. We love hiking and wildlife. We've planned a tentative itinerary below and are looking to see if we made any major mistakes. Thanks!
Day 1 Travel day
Day 2 Fly into Sydney - check out harbor
Day 3 Sydney - beaches - bondi beach
Day 4 Sydney - blue mountains
Day 5 Travel to Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
Day 6 Kangaroo Island - Flinders Chase
Day 7 Kangaroo Island - Admirals Arch, Hanson Bay and Seal Bay
Day 8 Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
Day 9 Adelaide to Christchurch
Day 10 Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass and Avalanche Peak hike
Day 11 Pass to Queenstown
Day 12 Queenstown all day and then Routeburn
Day 13 Routeburn Track
Day 14 Routeburn Track shuttle to Te Anau
Day 15 Milford Track
Day 16 Milford Track
Day 17 Milford Track
Day 18 Milford Track -and back to Te Anau
Day 19 Te Anau to Mt. Cook National Park
Day 20 Mount Cooke to Lake Tekapu to ChristChurch
Day 21 ChristChurch to the US
Day 22 travel day
20 days between NZ and AUS- planned itinerary, need advice
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 If you had 2 months for NZ and Australia
- 2 Perth, Red Center itinerary - need help!
- 3 Four Seasons Sydney
- 4 Auf Wiedersehen Australia
- 5 Christchurch or Akaroa?
- 6 Sydney Airport Hotels?
- 7 5 days in Tasmania--help needed
- 8 Which Island for a longer stay?
- 9 Help organizing a Tasmanian road trip
- 10 NSW/Queensland- 4 free days
- 11 Sydney
- 12 Extra time in Melbourne
- 13 DIY Sydney surroundings
- 14 best time for traveling in the kimberley and NT
- 15 Renting (hiring) a car near Sydney - or not
- 16 NZ North Island Itinerary Critique
- 17 Margo Oz are you there ?
- 18 Need help for Dec.-Jan. Australia trip--Melbourne, Tazzie?, KI?, GBR
- 19 Tassie in winter
- 20 Itinerary help Australia & New Zealand
- 21 The perfect exotic and romantic location for my girlfriend's 21st?
- 22 New Zealand advice
- 23 New Zealand for Solo Travelers
- 24 The Earth Makes Music for Those Who Listen; Siblings on the South Island
- 25 Booked flights to Brisbane mid-June