My wife and I are planning to travel between January 2015 and end of February and are traveling from United States. We love hiking and wildlife. We've planned a tentative itinerary below and are looking to see if we made any major mistakes. Thanks!
Day 1 Travel day
Day 2 Fly into Sydney - check out harbor
Day 3 Sydney - beaches - bondi beach
Day 4 Sydney - blue mountains
Day 5 Travel to Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
Day 6 Kangaroo Island - Flinders Chase
Day 7 Kangaroo Island - Admirals Arch, Hanson Bay and Seal Bay
Day 8 Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
Day 9 Adelaide to Christchurch
Day 10 Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass and Avalanche Peak hike
Day 11 Pass to Queenstown
Day 12 Queenstown all day and then Routeburn
Day 13 Routeburn Track
Day 14 Routeburn Track shuttle to Te Anau
Day 15 Milford Track
Day 16 Milford Track
Day 17 Milford Track
Day 18 Milford Track -and back to Te Anau
Day 19 Te Anau to Mt. Cook National Park
Day 20 Mount Cooke to Lake Tekapu to ChristChurch
Day 21 ChristChurch to the US
Day 22 travel day
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 2 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 3 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 4 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 5 Apex car rental in Australia
- 6 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 7 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 8 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 9 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 10 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 11 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 12 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 13 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 14 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 15 Tasmania
- 16 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 17 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 18 Accommodations Brisbane
- 19 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 20 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 21 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 22 Repositioning cruise
- 23 18 days nz.
- 24 South Island over December-January Holidays
- 25 Australia/New Zealand 3 weeks
20 days between NZ and AUS- planned itinerary, need advice