I would love any insight into how to plan our 21 day road trip around the South and North Islands of NZ. We do have a 4 night 5 day Milford Track experience through Ultimate Hikes scheduled on Day 6 through Day 9 where we start and stop in Queenstown. We fly in on Day 1 to Christchurch and we fly out of Auckland on Day 21. It all looks so amazing it is hard to figure out what to skip and how to arrange all the highlights without too much backtracking. I appreciate any help!
If possible we'd like to see the following: Mt Cook Region, Oamaru, Queenstown, Glenorchy/Cromwell, Fiordland Region, Lake Wanaka, FJ Glacier, Kaikoura, Hanmer Springs, Arthur's Pass, Nelson Region, Picton, and several notable spots in the North Island yet to be determined.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 2 Are you looking permanent resident of Australia?
- 3 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 4 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 5 Free Camping
- 6 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 7 Kaikoura roads update
- 8 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 9 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 10 Clever, mischievous keas
- 11 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 13 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 14 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 15 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 16 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 17 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 18 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 19 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 20 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 21 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 22 Translation of documents
- 23 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 24 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 25 Cooking classes near Melbourne