My friend and I, both from Singapore, will be arriving in Auckland on 25 Nov and departing Auckland on 10 Dec. We are looking to explore both the North and South Island using the Intercity Flexipass. I have come up with a suggested itinerary after doing some research over the net and would like to share this itinerary here. Would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Day 1 (26 Nov): Auckland to Waitomo, Waitomo to Rotorua
Day 2 (27 Nov): Rotorua
Day 3 (28 Nov): Rotorua to Tongariro National Park (via Hamilton)
Day 4 (29 Nov): Tongariro National Park (Crossing)
Day 5 (30 Nov): Tongariro to Wellington
Day 6 (1 Dec): Wellington to Nelson (via Picton)
Day 7 (2 Dec): Nelson to Punakaiki
Day 8 (3 Dec): Punakaiki to Franz Josef
Day 9 (4 Dec): Franz Josef
Day 10 (5 Dec): Franz Josef to Wanaka
Day 11 (6 Dec): Wanaka
Day 12 (7 Dec): Wanaka to Queenstown
Day 13 (8 Dec): Queenstown
Day 14 (9 Dec): Queenstown (Catch 1730 flight back to Auckland)
Thank you once again!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Parking near Darling Harbour
- 2 Six Weeks Down Under
- 3 Picton Drive Through
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 The southern lights
- 6 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 7 Mel's NZ Photos
- 8 Queenstown-is it worth it?
- 9 August Honeymoon Help?
- 10 How to split up Australia?
- 11 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 12 Self Drive Tour Itinerary - Safety, Convenience, Activities, Itinerary HELP
- 13 Brisbane to Sydney
- 14 Wellington Airport to hotel
- 15 East Coast Australia
- 16 North and South Island of NZ
- 17 Clearing Kaikoura to Picton road
- 18 Romantic 10 nights Fiji - Oct 2017
- 19 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 20 Marlborough Sounds
- 21 Blue mountain in July
- 22 More pilot whales to strand at NZ's Farewell Spit
- 23 Tonga January Weather
- 24 Tasmania, Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road--November/December 2015
- 25 1 Month Hiking in New Zealand
2 weeks New Zealand itinerary (advice and suggestions needed!)