My friend and I, both from Singapore, will be arriving in Auckland on 25 Nov and departing Auckland on 10 Dec. We are looking to explore both the North and South Island using the Intercity Flexipass. I have come up with a suggested itinerary after doing some research over the net and would like to share this itinerary here. Would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Day 1 (26 Nov): Auckland to Waitomo, Waitomo to Rotorua
Day 2 (27 Nov): Rotorua
Day 3 (28 Nov): Rotorua to Tongariro National Park (via Hamilton)
Day 4 (29 Nov): Tongariro National Park (Crossing)
Day 5 (30 Nov): Tongariro to Wellington
Day 6 (1 Dec): Wellington to Nelson (via Picton)
Day 7 (2 Dec): Nelson to Punakaiki
Day 8 (3 Dec): Punakaiki to Franz Josef
Day 9 (4 Dec): Franz Josef
Day 10 (5 Dec): Franz Josef to Wanaka
Day 11 (6 Dec): Wanaka
Day 12 (7 Dec): Wanaka to Queenstown
Day 13 (8 Dec): Queenstown
Day 14 (9 Dec): Queenstown (Catch 1730 flight back to Auckland)
Thank you once again!
2 weeks New Zealand itinerary (advice and suggestions needed!)
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 2 Sydney and Auckland
- 3 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 Internet access
- 6 Night Out Byron Bay
- 7 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 8 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 9 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 10 10 days itinerary
- 11 Fremantle my love..
- 12 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney