My friend and I, both from Singapore, will be arriving in Auckland on 25 Nov and departing Auckland on 10 Dec. We are looking to explore both the North and South Island using the Intercity Flexipass. I have come up with a suggested itinerary after doing some research over the net and would like to share this itinerary here. Would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Day 1 (26 Nov): Auckland to Waitomo, Waitomo to Rotorua
Day 2 (27 Nov): Rotorua
Day 3 (28 Nov): Rotorua to Tongariro National Park (via Hamilton)
Day 4 (29 Nov): Tongariro National Park (Crossing)
Day 5 (30 Nov): Tongariro to Wellington
Day 6 (1 Dec): Wellington to Nelson (via Picton)
Day 7 (2 Dec): Nelson to Punakaiki
Day 8 (3 Dec): Punakaiki to Franz Josef
Day 9 (4 Dec): Franz Josef
Day 10 (5 Dec): Franz Josef to Wanaka
Day 11 (6 Dec): Wanaka
Day 12 (7 Dec): Wanaka to Queenstown
Day 13 (8 Dec): Queenstown
Day 14 (9 Dec): Queenstown (Catch 1730 flight back to Auckland)
Thank you once again!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 2 Travel passes within Australia
- 3 Help with New Zealand Itinerary
- 4 Milford Sound Cruises
- 5 Sydney-Things to Do
- 6 Palm Cove in Feburary
- 7 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 8 drive or fly?
- 9 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 10 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 11 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 12 Nelson, New Zealand
- 13 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 14 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 15 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 16 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 17 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 18 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 19 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 20 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 22 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 23 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 24 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 25 Boat charter Raitea
2 weeks New Zealand itinerary (advice and suggestions needed!)