My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Wash your Boots! A New Zealand Trip Report
- 2 Please help with New Zealand Itinerary - 12 days
- 3 Question about the "Build Up"
- 4 Buy snorkeling fins in Sydney
- 5 NZ Proposed Trip Itinerary (Constructive Suggestions Appreciated!)
- 6 Tentative South Island NZ itinerary--what do you think?
- 7 Best deal on debit/credit/cash cards
- 8 3-1/2 days in Auckland .... Your personal recommendations, please.
- 9 Tipping
- 10 2 weeks in AUS and destination similar to Port Douglas?
- 11 Clueless Yank ISO Alice guidance
- 12 Songdoc's Photos of Beautiful Tasmania
- 13 auckland connection
- 14 Australia Trip Guidance Needed - Esp GBR
- 15 Five weeks in ANZ
- 16 Drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
- 17 Pictures and HD Videos from one week in Palau
- 18 A Good Day Trips Company in New Zealand
- 19 Please critique my plan for 2 weeks in Australia (first trip)
- 20 Adelaide/Kangaroo Island or AliceSprings/Uluru?
- 21 New Zealand Travel Agencies
- 22 Sydney
- 23 10 Day Itinerary South Island
- 24 Which route to take - to/from Kaikoura
- 25 Is there a "best time" to visit Abel Tasman and the northern South Island?