My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Great food/local favorites
- 2 Great food/local favorites
- 3 New Zealand (South Island) 10 Day Itinerary - Need Advice Please
- 4 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 5 Sydney
- 6 Incredible hotel
- 7 Australian Aborigines
- 8 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 9 South Island - 8 days in February
- 10 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 11 australia new zealand trip advice
- 12 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 13 Milford Sound Cruise
- 14 14 day South Island Self drive
- 15 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 16 Cruise New Zealand
- 17 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 18 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 19 New Zealand Accommodations
- 20 16 days all over New Zealand
- 21 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 22 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 23 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 24 Songdoc's 5th Trip to Gorgeous New Zealand: A Trip Report
- 25 New Zealand itinerary help