My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 12 day Australia Itinerary
- 2 Sydney and Auckland
- 3 Lochiel Fraudulant Hotel near Melbourne warning to fellow travellers
- 4 4 weeks in NZ in Feb. 2015
- 5 Internet access
- 6 Night Out Byron Bay
- 7 Christchurch or Auckland?
- 8 Planning first trip to Australia - input requested.
- 9 Family trip to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- 10 10 days itinerary
- 11 Fremantle my love..
- 12 26 day NZ motorhome itinerary.
- 13 Packing List
- 14 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 15 Books?
- 16 Four Weeks on the South Island. Report
- 17 Choosing a Visa
- 18 Australia & NZ -3 weeks
- 19 One spare day in Darwin
- 20 Planning a trip to Melbourne
- 21 Kangaroo Island/port Douglas
- 22 Travel Visa
- 23 Canberra
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 25 Christmas Day lunch or Dinner in Sydney