My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney
- 2 Hey, Bokhara2 and cathies, need restaurant recommendations
- 3 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 4 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 5 Marlborough Sounds???
- 6 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 7 New Zealand itinerary help
- 8 Yarra Valley Wineries
- 9 Fireworks Festival - A "MUST DO"
- 10 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 11 Katoomba vs. Leura vs ... ????
- 12 Song doc - one for you
- 13 North Island - 5 days - Wellington - Auckland
- 14 Jet Star?
- 15 Aussie Trip Report: No cities, no worries
- 16 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 17 Air New Zealand & Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 18 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 19 New Zealand South Island Itinerary
- 20 Itinerary Planning
- 21 8 Day South Island Itinerary in Oct
- 22 NZ Itinerary from Christchurch to Queenstown in 8 days
- 23 Suggestions/ Tips request for 15 Days trip to South Island New Zealand
- 24 NZ South Island Plan
- 25 Tahiti, Cooks Islands or Fiji 20th Anniversary trip