My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Dare I Plan? Melbourne - Sydney - Auckland
- 2 Initial Planning for NZ trip
- 3 Melbourne Itinery - GOR/Mornington/Philips Island
- 4 Best phone to use in US and Canada
- 5 Tasmania Itinerary Question
- 6 My gap year is adventure
- 7 Sydney
- 8 Craig and Jeane Visit Sydney and the Blue Mountains - September 2014
- 9 Globus
- 10 So much good wine, so little time; South Australia's Limestone Coast
- 11 Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania in which order?
- 12 Queenstown to Christchurch - Car Hire (P plates)
- 13 A Quick trip to NSW's Central West - an old brown dog, a grapefruit & a
- 14 Blue Mountains Australia
- 15 NEW ZEALAND
- 16 Byron Bay Surf Festival
- 17 New Zealand Marlborough wine country tour
- 18 Canberra Weekend - Art, Table 11 at the Pork Barrel Cafe & 'roo at the Ruby
- 19 Penguins in Bicheno or Phillip Island?
- 20 dinner cruise in sydney harbor
- 21 Queenstown to Nelson Itinerary Question
- 22 Sydney-which pass to buy?
- 23 Honeymooning in Australia and NZ
- 24 Itinerary Planning
- 25 New Zealand South Island Itinerary