My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NZ South Island February 2014 Trip Report
- 2 New Zealand: Cruise vs. Land
- 3 Sculptures by the Sea 2014, Cottesloe
- 4 1st time to Oz. Suggestions appreciated. (tripplanner001)
- 5 Where to go in Oz/NZ in March and April?
- 6 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 7 Gregory NP or Limmen NP in the NT
- 8 Aussie SPRING with foodie & wino...Perth? SW region? GBR? Help!
- 9 Great Barrier Reef---Luxury resort and convenient snorkeling
- 10 Tasmania or Fiji?
- 11 New Zealand itinerary help
- 12 Hotel in Sydney
- 13 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 14 Melbourne Drive
- 15 Hotel w. airport shuttle in Sydney
- 16 Sydney or Melbourne
- 17 Christchurch flooding, motorists should expect delays
- 18 Qantas Flight QF 7
- 19 Hamilton Station, NSW Taxis
- 20 Fishing Charters on Rarotonga
- 21 Adventure Vacation to Australia !!! Need suggestions.
- 22 The Wonders of Western Australia: Trip Report & Slideshow
- 23 Australia in 28 days (Sept 17- Oct 18, 2012)
- 24 Kakadu yellow river cruise
- 25 Launceston,Tasmania-where to stay?