My husband, 5yr son and I are planning a 2 week (actually 12 days, after travel days) to Australia. We are going in January so that we can spend 1-2 days in Melbourne at the Australian Open. Besides, going to Sydney and Melbourne where else should we go? I was thinking of going to Phillip Island and going to the Great Ocean Road while we are down in Melbourne. Can we add another place to our itinerary: Brisbane, Cairns, etc? If so, where? Also, how far is the wine region from Melbourne or Sydney? Would be nice to have 1 day of wine tasting. Since we will have a 5 yr with us, I know we can't pack our schedule the same as we would without him. Any advice would be appreciated!
2 weeks in Australia in Jan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Byron Bay or ...
- 2 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 3 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 4 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 5 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 6 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 7 Paging Cathies
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 10 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 11 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 12 August week end in Auckland
- 13 NZ vs Aust
- 14 28 days to campervan around australia
- 15 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 16 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 17 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 18 Sydney Weather in September
- 19 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 20 South Island Suggestions ...
- 21 Favorite things to do in Melbourne
- 22 A Long Weekend Escape to Pemberton, WA
- 23 Bora Bora---Snorkeling AT the resort??
- 24 Sydney-Airport to Hotel Transfer Companies
- 25 Christchurch, NZ rebuilding