I am planning to travel with my husband, 2.5 year old daughter, mother and sister to Australia in the first 2 weeks of August. So far we want to spend time in Sydney and the blue mountains and Cairns so my hubby and sister can go scuba diving. Need advice on itinerary for the trip. Will it be too cold in August? (we currently live in Texas and Florida but have lived in New England) How long should we stay in Sydney? We are looking for a relaxing vacation without too much extra traveling. Hopefully my daughter will still be napping daily. How long should we stay in Cairns? What about accommodations? I think a vacation rental would be best for us so we don't have to eat out for every meal. What other places should we visit? Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 2 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 3 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 4 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 5 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 6 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 7 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 8 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 9 14 day South NZ Trip
- 10 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 11 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 12 One-day hike in Milford area
- 13 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 14 Best national park around Sydney
- 15 1 night stay around GOR
- 16 7 days in New Zealand
- 17 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 18 NZ repeat visitors
- 19 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 20 South Island Suggestions
- 21 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 22 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 23 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 24 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef