I'm planning a 2-month trip to Australia next summer (July and August). I'm collecting ideas but my main destinations include the classic Sidney, Melbourne, Cairns, Perth and Alice Springs.
Do you have suggestions on attractions or things to do in those cities?
Also, I'd like to visit some parks to see wildlife, such as koalas, penguins and kangaroos and wallabes. Which is the best?
Do you recommend Kangaroo island or Phillip Island? How about Tasmania?
Finally, since I'll be there for 2 months I was looking for some work volunteer jobs, too. Do you have any websites or ideas about that?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Solo (mostly) coach trip - 45 days itinerary planning
- 2 Queensland north and Perth south
- 3 Tips for Cook Islands - Solo Female Traveler
- 4 Scenic Overload on NZ's South Island: November 2015
- 5 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 3
- 6 New Zealand-Trip Report-30 Days North & South Island
- 7 Itinerary set! Any Fodorites up for meeting up in Australia?
- 8 NZ- Nov or Dec?
- 9 Proposed itinerary- comments please!
- 10 Prelim itinerary- 12 nights on the North Island
- 11 Help rounding out AU & NZ itinerary
- 12 Planning 20 days in Autralia
- 13 Arriving in Queenstown - When to Visit Milford Sound?
- 14 Rental Car Return and Melbourne
- 15 May/June Wedding on Rarotonga
- 16 Foreign Exchange Programs
- 17 Cairns or Port Douglas
- 18 Tonga is a off the beaten track, but a beautiful destination: See my pics!
- 19 Where to Sky Dive and Bungee in NZ
- 20 Solo travel in Australia -- not sure where to go!
- 21 Need Help On French Polynesia Trip in June.
- 22 Two day South Coast & Southern Highlands loop - restaurant reccos please.
- 23 Sydney or Melbourne for wine tour?
- 24 2 wks in Oz--Melbourne, GOR, Tas, Pt Douglas, Atherton Tbllnds, pt 2
- 25 Southern Highlands vs Hunter Valley