DH and I are planning a 16 (or 17) day trip to the South Island taking advantage of Air NZ's promotional fares for their new non-stop route from Houston to Aukland. We can go in either February or March of 2016. Any thoughts / comments as to better timing. Is March less busy? Is weather significantly different between early February and late March. Any holidays that we should be aware of in this time frame?
Also would appreciate any comments on what you consider to be the absolute must do / must see things on the South Island.
We are interested in nature, hiking, scenery and birding, not into vineyards. We are in our early 60s and are quite physically active, but we won't be planning any abseiling, zip-lining or bungee jumping.
Milford Sound - overnight cruise - any thoughts, comments.
We will have more questions later on but we only have until Monday to decide the timing of our flights
Thank you for any assistance that you can provide
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Installation set up Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 Vacation to New Zealand during deep Winter
- 3 5 days trip in South Island
- 4 5 nights in Sydney
- 5 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 6 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 7 14 day South NZ Trip
- 8 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 9 North Island Itinerary Help
- 10 Visa for Australia
- 11 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 12 Hotel Sydney
- 13 Transportation advice needed
- 14 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 15 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 16 Three days in Cairns
- 17 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 18 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 19 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 20 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 21 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 22 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 23 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 24 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 25 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases