I will be going to South NZ for a holiday in mid June with my friend, her mom and her friends. I've done up an itinerary and would like to request the experts here for help on seeing whether the itinerary is doable.. We will be doing a self drive tour, starting from Christchurch, and ending back in Christchurch..
Day 1 - Land in CHC explore stay a night
Day 2 - Tranzalpine train to Greymouth, pick up car and drive to fox glacier. Will be staying two nights in fox glacier.
Day 3 - Drive to Franz Josef glacier in the morning, take 2 hour walk. Return to fox glacier for short rest before going to Lake Matheson in late afternoon.
Day 4 - Fox glacier walk in the morning. start drive to Queenstown in late morning/early afternoon. Stop by Wanaka for lunch.
Day 5 - Explore Queenstown, maybe go Walter Peak
Day 6 - Further explore Queenstown / Arrowtown Chinese Settlement if time allows. Start drive to Te Anau in the afternoon. Glowworm caves at night.
Day 7 - Milford sound
Day 8 - Doubtful sound
Day 9 - Set off for Twizel in the morning. Stop by Wrinkly Rams. Stock up on food in Twizel and stay one night
Day 10 & 11 - Spend in Mount Cook. go for walks.
Day 12 - Set off for CHC in the morning, stopping by Lake Tekapo for photos. Geraldine for lunch, Fairlie for Gem Alpaca Stud. roughly reach CHC at 8pm at night?
Day 13 - Last min shopping in CHC
Day 14 - Fly back to Singapore
Because it will be winter in June, we will try to cease driving by 5pm. except day 12 when we are going back to CHC. will it be safe to drive after 5pm ? I've read somewhere that its not that safe for first-timers driving in winter to drive after dark...
Thanks and really appreciate your help on this peeps. <3
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 KODAK printer 18OO:681:7208 installation C0NTACT KODAK Tec*h
- 2 Airport to Auckland Transfer
- 3 NZ 1 week
- 4 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 5 Qantas air promo
- 6 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 7 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 8 Australia for two weeks.
- 9 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 11 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 12 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 13 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 14 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 15 Palau Travel Report
- 16 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 17 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 18 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 19 Visa
- 20 Guam Travel Report
- 21 New Zealand Car Hire
- 22 Tasmania itinerary
- 23 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 24 Research on Australian Tourism
- 25 Australia and NZ visit!