We have 14 full days in New Zealand and we want to squeeze in as much as we possibly can! Below I have broken down what we would like to see/do while in the North and the South along with some questions. We don't care whether we do the North or the South first but we arrive and depart from Auckland. Thanks in advance for any help!
NORTH: Spend time in Auckland and while in the North do a day trip and overnight cruise to Bay of the Islands, float the Waitomo Caves and stay Lake Taupo (to do the Tongariro Crossing hike).
SOUTH: Spend time in Queenstown (4 nights if possible) and while in the South do a day trip/overnight to Fox Glacier/Franz Josef for an overnight to hike the glacier and drive to Fiordland National Park.
*What area of Auckland or landmarks should we stay in/nearby?
*Do you recommend seeing one of the volcanos? If so which one? What is the approximate time commitment? Do you recommend we drive or go through a tour company?
*What do you recommend to eat, see or do in Auckland? Is the Sky Tower cool to do? Is the walking tour a good way to see the city?
*We are thinking of flying to Bay of the Islands for an overnight cruise....
-Is this worth it?
-Is the drive back to Auckland enjoyable?
*We would like to visit the Waitomo Caves and do the Tongariro Crossing hike in Lake Taupo per a friends recommendation....
-How far of a drive are the caves and the Tongariro Crossing from Auckland?
-Is this a day trip or two separate day trips? Or, do you recommend we stay overnight in this area to do both activities?
-Do you recommend we drive from Auckland or go through a tour company?
*We are interested in visiting Fox Glacier/Franz Josef for an overnight from Queenstown...
-Which glacier do you recommend visiting?
*We are interested in visiting Fiordland National Park....
-How far is Fiordland National Park and how long does it take to get there from Queenstown?
-How long and where do you recommend staying?
-What are must sees?
*Is Dunedin worth visiting or just cheaper to fly out of than Queenstown?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 테크노카지노ヮ【 ET322.COM 】ヮ칼라바둑
- 2 엠카지노ハ【 ET322.COM 】ハ퍼펙트스코어
- 3 우리카지노주소リ【 ET322.COM 】リ즉시출장안마
- 4 슬롯머신종류バ【 ET322.COM 】バ네이버스코어맞추기
- 5 햄버거하우스게임ゅ【 ET322.COM 】ゅ토토스페셜
- 6 강랜다이사이ェ【 ET322.COM 】ェe스포츠배팅사이트
- 7 Aussie fodorites - can u help?
- 8 Aug Trip with 2 kiddos, please advise
- 9 Feedback on 8 week OZ/NZ Itin
- 10 help with 4-night Tasmania itinerary
- 11 North Island
- 12 2/3 day stay on the GBR from Brisbane
- 13 4 weeks itinerary
- 14 time needed - disembarking ferry and to WLG airport
- 15 North Island New Zealand itinerary help Oct 2015
- 16 Girls long weekend to Sydney/Katoomba
- 17 Port Arthur v Alcatraz
- 18 Vale - Peterallan, a fine Australian Fodorite
- 19 An Autumn Month in NZ
- 20 Physically Disabled Solo Traveler in Sydney, Cairns
- 21 Driving quesitons for New Zealand in the Winter
- 22 Tour operators
- 23 Winterfest - Medieval Festival - Parramatta
- 24 Need advice for South Island New Zealand trip
- 25 Sydney-Queensland-New Zealand