We have 14 full days in New Zealand and we want to squeeze in as much as we possibly can! Below I have broken down what we would like to see/do while in the North and the South along with some questions. We don't care whether we do the North or the South first but we arrive and depart from Auckland. Thanks in advance for any help!
NORTH: Spend time in Auckland and while in the North do a day trip and overnight cruise to Bay of the Islands, float the Waitomo Caves and stay Lake Taupo (to do the Tongariro Crossing hike).
SOUTH: Spend time in Queenstown (4 nights if possible) and while in the South do a day trip/overnight to Fox Glacier/Franz Josef for an overnight to hike the glacier and drive to Fiordland National Park.
*What area of Auckland or landmarks should we stay in/nearby?
*Do you recommend seeing one of the volcanos? If so which one? What is the approximate time commitment? Do you recommend we drive or go through a tour company?
*What do you recommend to eat, see or do in Auckland? Is the Sky Tower cool to do? Is the walking tour a good way to see the city?
*We are thinking of flying to Bay of the Islands for an overnight cruise....
-Is this worth it?
-Is the drive back to Auckland enjoyable?
*We would like to visit the Waitomo Caves and do the Tongariro Crossing hike in Lake Taupo per a friends recommendation....
-How far of a drive are the caves and the Tongariro Crossing from Auckland?
-Is this a day trip or two separate day trips? Or, do you recommend we stay overnight in this area to do both activities?
-Do you recommend we drive from Auckland or go through a tour company?
*We are interested in visiting Fox Glacier/Franz Josef for an overnight from Queenstown...
-Which glacier do you recommend visiting?
*We are interested in visiting Fiordland National Park....
-How far is Fiordland National Park and how long does it take to get there from Queenstown?
-How long and where do you recommend staying?
-What are must sees?
*Is Dunedin worth visiting or just cheaper to fly out of than Queenstown?
Thanks so much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 엔트리 ▶ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 5 North Island Itinerary Help
- 6 Visa for Australia
- 7 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 8 Hotel Sydney
- 9 Transportation advice needed
- 10 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 11 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 12 Three days in Cairns
- 13 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 14 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 15 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 16 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 17 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 18 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 19 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 20 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 21 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 22 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 23 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary
- 24 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 25 E-visa scams