We are planning to visit NZ from Dec 26, 2014 - Jan 9th 2015 on our Honeymoon. We will be landing in Auckland on 26 Dec (00.05 hrs) and will be leaving back from Auckland on 9th Jan (1:35 hrs). Our budget is around 5500 NZD excluding tickets.
I need your help in suggesting and reviewing my 14 day Itinerary, as my would be husband will be the only one driving throughout, and we are looking forward for a relaxing time out after all the busy ceremonies and hectic months we will go through.
Any suggestions on Hotel / resorts specially in Auckland and Queenstown / Wanaka will be most welcome.
Also if you can suggest what we should be seeing at the places We will be visiting will be welcomed.
Itineray 1 ----------
26 - 27 stay in Auckland and explore (site seeing suggestions)
28. Fly to CHC; explore
29. drive to Mt Cook via Lake Tekapo
30. Drive to Queenstown (2N)
31 explore/celebrate NYE
1 Jan. Drive to Wanaka
2. Drive to FJG
3. Heli flight; drive to Punakaiki
4. Drive to Hanmer Springs via Lewis Pass or directly to Chch via Arthurs Pass
5. Drive to Chch
6. Fly to Rotorua (2N)
7. Explore thermal area
8. Drive to AKL via Waitomo Caves
9. Fly home
Itinerary 2 ------
26th Dec - Auckland - Rest after long flight
27th Dec - Drive to Coromandel
28th Dec - Coromandel
29th Dec - Coromandel to Rotorua via Hobbiton
30th Dec - Explore Rotorua -
31st Dec - Drive to Auckland via Waitomo and fly to Queenstown. Or fly from Rotorua to Queenstown
1st - Queenstown
2nd - Queenstown
3rd - Queenstown or Wanaka
4th - Drive to Franz Josef
5th - Franz Josef
6th - Punakaiki
7th - Christchurch
8th - Christchurch, fly to Auckland in evening
9h - Fly home
Itinerary 3 ----
27. Fly to ChCh
28. Drive to Mt. Cook Via Lake Tekapo
29. Mt. Cook stay
30. Drive to Queenstown
2. Queenstown to Wanaka ( I wanted to go to Milford sound , but not sure if I can do a day trip to kayak there) Any suggestions pls. how to fit in this in my schedule OR will it be too much of driving?
3. drive to FJG - stay there a day (accommodation suggestion? )
4. Punakaiki - stay there a day (accommodation suggestion? )
5. ChCh - drive to ChCh via arthur's pass
6. Auck - site seeing and accomodation suggestion (which area should we look for a hotel)
7. Auck - site seeing
8. Auck - site seeing
9th - Fly home
Any suggestions on finalizing the Itinerary will be very helpful. I am confused in which will be the better Itinerary to cover the jewels of NZ and yet be relaxed and rejuvenated from the trip.
We might never visit NZ again so this is our only chance to cover the best.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 다빈치알라딘 바다이야기 ※☎접 속 : scc883.컴 ☜ v
- 2 Oct - 30 Day Trip to Australia & New Zealand
- 3 5 days trip in South Island
- 4 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 5 14 day South NZ Trip
- 6 NZ's Yellow Eyed Penguins Face Extinction on the Mainland
- 7 North Island Itinerary Help
- 8 Visa for Australia
- 9 Gold Coast -whale watching
- 10 Hotel Sydney
- 11 Transportation advice needed
- 12 Need advice on Blue Mountain trip
- 13 Sydney Harbor Marriott
- 14 Three days in Cairns
- 15 Best Priced Tour for Sydney Harbor Bridge Blue Mountain & Hunter Valley
- 16 Gold coast for 6 days in July
- 17 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 18 Tasmania - looking for bird watching guide for day trips
- 19 itinerary for one month in Australia with a kid
- 20 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 21 Air Tahiti Baggage Allowance
- 22 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 23 NZ DoC hut fees to rise in some cases
- 24 Favorite activities in Moorea, Bora Bora?
- 25 Trip report: Ultimate 3-week Australia itinerary