We are planning to visit NZ from Dec 26, 2014 - Jan 9th 2015 on our Honeymoon. We will be landing in Auckland on 26 Dec (00.05 hrs) and will be leaving back from Auckland on 9th Jan (1:35 hrs). Our budget is around 5500 NZD excluding tickets.
I need your help in suggesting and reviewing my 14 day Itinerary, as my would be husband will be the only one driving throughout, and we are looking forward for a relaxing time out after all the busy ceremonies and hectic months we will go through.
Any suggestions on Hotel / resorts specially in Auckland and Queenstown / Wanaka will be most welcome.
Also if you can suggest what we should be seeing at the places We will be visiting will be welcomed.
Itineray 1 ----------
26 - 27 stay in Auckland and explore (site seeing suggestions)
28. Fly to CHC; explore
29. drive to Mt Cook via Lake Tekapo
30. Drive to Queenstown (2N)
31 explore/celebrate NYE
1 Jan. Drive to Wanaka
2. Drive to FJG
3. Heli flight; drive to Punakaiki
4. Drive to Hanmer Springs via Lewis Pass or directly to Chch via Arthurs Pass
5. Drive to Chch
6. Fly to Rotorua (2N)
7. Explore thermal area
8. Drive to AKL via Waitomo Caves
9. Fly home
Itinerary 2 ------
26th Dec - Auckland - Rest after long flight
27th Dec - Drive to Coromandel
28th Dec - Coromandel
29th Dec - Coromandel to Rotorua via Hobbiton
30th Dec - Explore Rotorua -
31st Dec - Drive to Auckland via Waitomo and fly to Queenstown. Or fly from Rotorua to Queenstown
1st - Queenstown
2nd - Queenstown
3rd - Queenstown or Wanaka
4th - Drive to Franz Josef
5th - Franz Josef
6th - Punakaiki
7th - Christchurch
8th - Christchurch, fly to Auckland in evening
9h - Fly home
Itinerary 3 ----
27. Fly to ChCh
28. Drive to Mt. Cook Via Lake Tekapo
29. Mt. Cook stay
30. Drive to Queenstown
2. Queenstown to Wanaka ( I wanted to go to Milford sound , but not sure if I can do a day trip to kayak there) Any suggestions pls. how to fit in this in my schedule OR will it be too much of driving?
3. drive to FJG - stay there a day (accommodation suggestion? )
4. Punakaiki - stay there a day (accommodation suggestion? )
5. ChCh - drive to ChCh via arthur's pass
6. Auck - site seeing and accomodation suggestion (which area should we look for a hotel)
7. Auck - site seeing
8. Auck - site seeing
9th - Fly home
Any suggestions on finalizing the Itinerary will be very helpful. I am confused in which will be the better Itinerary to cover the jewels of NZ and yet be relaxed and rejuvenated from the trip.
We might never visit NZ again so this is our only chance to cover the best.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AUSTRALIA
- 2 a month in Australia help please
- 3 New Zealand and/or Australia - Nature sites, day bus tours?
- 4 Choosing Tasmania or Perth/ Margaret River
- 5 6 Days South Island Help
- 6 Zipping through New Zealand with a Fiji Finish
- 7 3 1/2 weeks in New Zealand
- 8 Help us extend our Dec. Heron Island Tip
- 9 2 days in Auckland. what to do
- 10 NEW ZEALAND 18 DAYS ITINERARY
- 11 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 12 Connection Time at Sydney Airport
- 13 Choose a destiation - Oceania Island(s) for 10 day trip
- 14 Cairns/Port Douglas from Sydney
- 15 Snorkeling in Whitsundays
- 16 New Zealand Itinerary
- 17 Dining
- 18 Where to tay in Apt in Melbourne
- 19 Car Hire Insurance Excess in Melbourne
- 20 Flights from Ottawa to Sydney to Auckland
- 21 Kia Ora Sauvage and/or Tikehau Pearl Beach Resort
- 22 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 23 quick 5 day trip to New Zealand, North Island. Sugestions for our trip?
- 24 Cairns to brisbane
- 25 9 Days Queenstown/Moun Cook - help with itinerary