We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney CBC Serviced Apartment
- 2 Final Itinerary and A Few Questions
- 3 Where to go for vacation in Australia?
- 4 Q微信1534584698办理 南布列塔尼大学学历认证文凭毕业证成绩单Université de Bretagne-Sud
- 5 Q微信1534584698办理利摩日大学学历认证文凭毕业证成绩单 Université de Limoges
- 6 Need suggestions for limo hire parramatta
- 7 SI Itinerary Advice - Feb 2016
- 8 new zealand road maps?
- 9 Recommend car rental agency in Christchurch
- 10 LA Fashion Week plucks local girl to model
- 11 2 full days in Cairns
- 12 Weather in Fiji
- 13 Advice on Itinerary for New Zealand-12 full days
- 14 Need your help to participate: Travel & Tourism academic survey
- 15 Melbourne eateries
- 16 Au Pair
- 17 Transport changes in Prague
- 18 Manly Jazz Festival - 2015
- 19 You asked for it, and now you've got it a new Fighter
- 20 Itinerary Help! Queenstown Five Day Return Trip
- 21 Complete Novice
- 22 Kangaroo Island
- 23 Which cruise in Strahan?
- 24 New Zealand by cruise vs. land
- 25 Where to visit