We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
13 nights in New Zealand - itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 5 days in Tasmania
- 2 Recommended transportation for the Blue Mountains
- 3 Help
- 4 10 days in NZ itinerary
- 5 Currency in Australia and New Zealand
- 6 Changing terminals Sydney Airport
- 7 Byron Bay or ...
- 8 Our really quite big adventure, Act 3 - heaven and hell in Queensland
- 9 Weather in the Blue Mountains - mid September
- 10 Dec 2014 family trip-need help with itinerary
- 11 Go into the wild.. Go inland Australia
- 12 Ferry to Manly Beach
- 13 How many days needed in Sydney?
- 14 Paging Cathies
- 15 NZ vs Aust
- 16 Reasonable rental accommodation Sydney or surrounds!!
- 17 Playing Marbles with the Devil - AKA 2 weeks in the Northern Territory
- 18 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- 19 Recommendations for travel on the Great Ocean Road
- 20 Joe Tro's Australia/LA trip report
- 21 August week end in Auckland
- 22 28 days to campervan around australia
- 23 Wicked Weekend I Melbourne - too much fun!
- 24 5 days in Sydney: itinerary review
- 25 Sydney Weather in September