We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BUY REAL & FAKE PASSPORTS(email@example.com) ETC
- 2 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 3 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 4 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 5 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 6 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 7 Apex car rental in Australia
- 8 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 9 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 10 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 11 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 12 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 13 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 14 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 15 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 16 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 17 Tasmania
- 18 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 19 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 20 Accommodations Brisbane
- 21 Skiing in Australia in July?
- 22 Australia 2017 - Oz Winter or Spring Honeymoon?
- 23 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 24 Repositioning cruise
- 25 18 days nz.