We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Beers in Oz
- 2 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 5 Brisbane to Sydney
- 6 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 7 Vini SIM card?
- 8 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 9 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 10 New Zealand Itinerary
- 11 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 12 NZ visa denials
- 13 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 14 Help on Itinerary
- 15 Sydney Trip
- 16 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 17 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 18 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 19 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 20 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 21 Extra 2 nights = help
- 22 February Australia Visit
- 23 Best wildlife near sydney
- 24 Where to go in Australia
- 25 Bruny Island