We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cairns airfare getting too high
- 2 Hamilton Island
- 3 Driving direction on the Great Ocean Road
- 4 CFP: how much to bring, ATMs?
- 5 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 6 Six Weeks Down Under
- 7 First Time - Assistance with NZ- South
- 8 Flood Emergency Services
- 9 7 days in New Zealand
- 10 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 11 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 12 16 Days on the South Island
- 13 Need help in Auckland
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 15 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 16 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 17 Uber in Sydney
- 18 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 21 Darwin Accomodations
- 22 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 23 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 24 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 25 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas