We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 2 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 3 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 4 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 5 NZ 1 week
- 6 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 7 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 8 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 9 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Palau Travel Report
- 12 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 14 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 15 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 16 Visa
- 17 Guam Travel Report
- 18 New Zealand Car Hire
- 19 Tasmania itinerary
- 20 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 21 Research on Australian Tourism
- 22 Australia and NZ visit!
- 23 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 24 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 25 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast