We are spending 13 nights in New Zealand in early October, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. My rough itinerary so far is as follows:
3 nights in Auckland (we arrive late one evening so this would give us two full days in Auckland)
1 night Raglan
1 night Lake Taupo
1 night Napier
2 nights Wellington
2 nights Nelson
1 night Blenheim
1 night Kaikoura
1 night Christchurch
We plan to hire a car to drive between Auckland and Christchurch.
Any thoughts on our suggested itinerary welcome, especially any unrealistic driving days and/or any places listed above worth missing in favour of elsewhere. We would have loved to visit Queenstown but I don't think our time allows for this. We have also heard that Coromandel Peninsula is impressive - is it worth heading there instead of Raglan?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 2 Kaikoura roads update
- 3 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 4 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 5 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 6 Clever, mischievous keas
- 7 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 9 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 10 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 11 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 12 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 13 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 14 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 15 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 16 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 17 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 18 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 19 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 20 Translation of documents
- 21 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 22 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 23 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 24 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February
- 25 Tasting Tassie, a road trip with food and wine.