My wife and I (25 & 28 years respectively) are visiting NZ in November, 2015. We will be landing in Auckland on 15th Nov afternoon and leaving from Queenstown on 28th Nov afternoon.
I have prepared the following itinerary after detailed research on several forums and would like to hear your feedback / comments before finalizing:
15th Nov - Arrive in Auckland at 2:30 PM and check-in at hotel. Rest of the day for resting and general sightseeing around the hotel in CBD.
16th Nov - Explore Auckland for half day (need suggestions for what to do) and leave for Rotorua by Intercity bus departing at 3:45 PM (have already booked the bus).
17th Nov - Full day in Rotorua. We are interested in exploring the thermal attractions in and around the city and related activities. Not very keen for the Agrodome show and Maori cultural events. Kindly suggest the best places to visit and things to do for the full day. We can hire a car for the day if required.
18th Nov - Leisure around in Rotorua. Visit to the Government gardens and Polynesian spa. Idea is to keep this day light in order to recharge ourselves. Leave for Auckland by Intercity bus departing at 5:00 PM (have already booked the bus).
19th Nov - Have booked the Intercity day trip to Bay of Island departing from Auckland at 7:45 AM and returning at night.
20th Nov - Have booked a morning flight from Auckland to Christchurch reaching there at 10:45 AM. Get into rental car (Apex Rentals) from the airport and check-in at hotel. Full day for sightseeing and activities in Christchurch - Botanical Gardens, Punting on the Avon etc.
21st Nov - Leave in the morning for Mount Cook in car. Stop at Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki for food, pictures etc. and reach Mount Cook by late afternoon. Check in at hotel and visit Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre in the evening.
22nd Nov - Hooker Valley trek in the morning followed by Glacier Explorers boat tour at 3:30 PM. Overnight at Mount Cook.
23rd Nov - Leave early morning for Wanaka and check in at hotel. Sky diving in the afternoon followed by general sightseeing around the lake.
24th Nov - Puzzling world in the morning followed by visit to Arrowtown on the way to Queenstown. Reach Queenstown by evening and check-in at hotel. Return the car.
25th Nov - Have booked the Intercity day trip to Milford Sound departing from Queenstown at 7:20 AM and returning at night.
26th Nov - Activities in Queenstown - Bungy, Swing, Gondola, Luge etc. Kindly suggest other good activities / attractions in Queenstown.
27th Nov - Reserve day for activities and other sightseeing in Queenstown. Have kept two full days in Queenstown so as to not miss out on any adventure due to paucity of time (Not sure if two full days are enough though!).
28th Nov - Checkout from hotel and say our goodbye to this wonderful place and head back home with lots and lots of unforgettable memories..
Please tell me how it sounds and any improvements that can be made in our plans. Can't wait for this trip of a lifetime to begin. Literally counting days now!!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 2 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 3 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 6 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 7 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 8 14 day South NZ Trip
- 9 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 10 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 11 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 12 One-day hike in Milford area
- 13 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 14 Best national park around Sydney
- 15 1 night stay around GOR
- 16 7 days in New Zealand
- 17 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 18 NZ repeat visitors
- 19 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 20 South Island Suggestions
- 21 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 22 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 23 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 24 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 25 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
13 days New Zealand (both NI & SI) - Final Itinerary - Request for Feedback