My husband and I are planning a trip to Sydney and NZ in January of next year to celebrate our 40th. Our actual anniversary is on Jan 26th so we want to be in Sydney on that day. Right now, we are planning about 5 days in Sydney and 5 days or so in NZ - perhaps Auckland. I am building in time for flying (from SFO) and getting over jet lag too. My main questions are about NZ - is Auckland a great place to go? Recommendations on what to see/do? Is 5 days too much? We do like cities, walking, eating, seeing the sights. I would love to see some of NZ's famed scenery as well.
Recommendations are most appreciated. We are looking to book this by the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 February Travel
- 2 24 day itinary on both islanxs
- 3 Traveling through East Coast
- 4 NZ November!
- 5 Sydney to Brisbane
- 6 4-hour layover in Melbourne (From LAX to New Zealand)
- 7 New Zealand Sth Island
- 8 Advice for 21 Day New Zealand Motorhome
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney in 4-5 days! Itinerary help!
- 10 Australia in 2 Weeks
- 11 How to allocate time: bora bora, tahit, moorea?
- 12 3 weeks New Zealand - Apr 2017
- 13 AUS/NZ trip planning
- 14 Abel Tasman National Park
- 15 Visiting New Zealand/Australia in April
- 16 its just a post
- 17 Finalizing OZ Itinerary
- 18 New Zealand First Timer
- 19 3 Days in Positano - What Should We Do?
- 20 Kiwi chick hatches, explores
- 21 Awesome NewZealand Trip in Winter 2016
- 22 Group Transportation in Brisbane
- 23 Leaving tomorrow - 10 day itinerary Southland?
- 24 Cairns-Melbourne or Melbourne Cains
- 25 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016