My husband and I are planning a trip to Sydney and NZ in January of next year to celebrate our 40th. Our actual anniversary is on Jan 26th so we want to be in Sydney on that day. Right now, we are planning about 5 days in Sydney and 5 days or so in NZ - perhaps Auckland. I am building in time for flying (from SFO) and getting over jet lag too. My main questions are about NZ - is Auckland a great place to go? Recommendations on what to see/do? Is 5 days too much? We do like cities, walking, eating, seeing the sights. I would love to see some of NZ's famed scenery as well.
Recommendations are most appreciated. We are looking to book this by the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 2 west and north Tasmania
- 3 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 4 Trip to Cairns
- 5 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 6 Beers in Oz
- 7 NZ visa denials
- 8 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 9 Brisbane to Sydney
- 10 5 days in South Island
- 11 Vini SIM card?
- 12 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 13 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 14 New Zealand Itinerary
- 15 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 16 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 17 Help on Itinerary
- 18 Sydney Trip
- 19 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 20 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 21 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 22 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 23 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 24 Extra 2 nights = help
- 25 February Australia Visit