My 15 year old son is competing in a waterpolo tournament in Auckland in a week so we have decided to throw together a family campervan trip around it. We will be in Auckland for about 4 days while he is playing, then we thought we would take of on a Griswald style road trip. There will be four of us, all active. My husband and I and our two boys 15 and 12.
At the moment we are planning on Rotarua for the maori culture + geothermal stuff. Maybe the Hobbiton and Zorb as well. Taupo to have a look and maybe do a jetboat ride. Waitomo - for the caves and gloworms. I would love to do the White Island volcano trip, but it might be a bit expensive. I am lobbying my husband that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime event and it's only money. Not sure how good that argument will go, but I got to try. I have read about the Hot Beach too, but maybe not in the middle of winter.
So if anyone could suggest things to do in Auckland, then a 6 day road trip it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hotel Sydney
- 2 Blue mountain or Pacific Ocean drive
- 3 14 day South NZ Trip
- 4 Potts point OR CBD in Sydney
- 5 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 6 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 7 Tour Companies Australia and New Zealand
- 8 4 hour transit in Sydney
- 9 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 12 6 days Queenstown (NZ) itineary suggestion????
- 13 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 14 One-day hike in Milford area
- 15 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 16 Best national park around Sydney
- 17 1 night stay around GOR
- 18 7 days in New Zealand
- 19 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 20 NZ repeat visitors
- 21 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 22 South Island Suggestions
- 23 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 24 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 25 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
10 days in North Island in July - Auckland then 6 days on the road