My 15 year old son is competing in a waterpolo tournament in Auckland in a week so we have decided to throw together a family campervan trip around it. We will be in Auckland for about 4 days while he is playing, then we thought we would take of on a Griswald style road trip. There will be four of us, all active. My husband and I and our two boys 15 and 12.
At the moment we are planning on Rotarua for the maori culture + geothermal stuff. Maybe the Hobbiton and Zorb as well. Taupo to have a look and maybe do a jetboat ride. Waitomo - for the caves and gloworms. I would love to do the White Island volcano trip, but it might be a bit expensive. I am lobbying my husband that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime event and it's only money. Not sure how good that argument will go, but I got to try. I have read about the Hot Beach too, but maybe not in the middle of winter.
So if anyone could suggest things to do in Auckland, then a 6 day road trip it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 2 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 3 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 4 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 5 Australia for two weeks.
- 6 Palau Travel Report
- 7 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 10 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 11 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 12 Visa
- 13 Guam Travel Report
- 14 New Zealand Car Hire
- 15 Tasmania itinerary
- 16 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 17 Research on Australian Tourism
- 18 Australia and NZ visit!
- 19 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 20 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 21 Cheap Flights to Bangkok from Gold Coast
- 22 18 Days tentative NZ Itinerary help
- 23 Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling
- 24 Recommended guidebooks
- 25 Need Some suggestions on South Island
10 days in North Island in July - Auckland then 6 days on the road