My 15 year old son is competing in a waterpolo tournament in Auckland in a week so we have decided to throw together a family campervan trip around it. We will be in Auckland for about 4 days while he is playing, then we thought we would take of on a Griswald style road trip. There will be four of us, all active. My husband and I and our two boys 15 and 12.
At the moment we are planning on Rotarua for the maori culture + geothermal stuff. Maybe the Hobbiton and Zorb as well. Taupo to have a look and maybe do a jetboat ride. Waitomo - for the caves and gloworms. I would love to do the White Island volcano trip, but it might be a bit expensive. I am lobbying my husband that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime event and it's only money. Not sure how good that argument will go, but I got to try. I have read about the Hot Beach too, but maybe not in the middle of winter.
So if anyone could suggest things to do in Auckland, then a 6 day road trip it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 (U.N) GMAIL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:982:8520 GMAIL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 North and South Island itinerary feedback
- 3 East coast australia itinerary - feedback please!
- 4 Blue Mountains - Travel Report
- 5 7-8 days in Australia, where do we go?
- 6 2 days in Auckland
- 7 Haast Village stay advice needed
- 8 New Zealand rough itinerary (wheelchair accessible)
- 9 Surprises in Australia
- 10 Help me understand how going through customs works!
- 11 Planning a 12-day trip to NZ in November
- 12 Would love your feedback on possible N.Z. itinerary
- 13 Need help on planning 14-15 days trip to Australia
- 14 GBR - help me plan a perfect trip!
- 15 "Aerial New Zealand"
- 16 2 Nights in Blue moutain End June
- 17 South Australia in 2 weeks
- 18 5 nights in Sydney
- 19 New Zealand Itinerary Questions
- 20 Best places to travel in Australia
- 21 Auckland Airport to Auckland City
- 22 16 Days on the South Island
- 23 Cook Islands for families
- 24 B&B in NZ
- 25 New Zealand 3 week itinerary
10 days in North Island in July - Auckland then 6 days on the road