My 15 year old son is competing in a waterpolo tournament in Auckland in a week so we have decided to throw together a family campervan trip around it. We will be in Auckland for about 4 days while he is playing, then we thought we would take of on a Griswald style road trip. There will be four of us, all active. My husband and I and our two boys 15 and 12.
At the moment we are planning on Rotarua for the maori culture + geothermal stuff. Maybe the Hobbiton and Zorb as well. Taupo to have a look and maybe do a jetboat ride. Waitomo - for the caves and gloworms. I would love to do the White Island volcano trip, but it might be a bit expensive. I am lobbying my husband that it will be a once-in-a-lifetime event and it's only money. Not sure how good that argument will go, but I got to try. I have read about the Hot Beach too, but maybe not in the middle of winter.
So if anyone could suggest things to do in Auckland, then a 6 day road trip it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 North Island-New Zealand help?
- 2 Getting around South Island NZ without a Car?
- 3 5 days in South Island
- 4 Great Barrier Reef - Non Swimmers
- 5 west and north Tasmania
- 6 South Australia Help with Itinerary
- 7 Trip to Cairns
- 8 Australia: "Home" for the Holidays
- 9 Beers in Oz
- 10 NZ visa denials
- 11 Brisbane to Sydney
- 12 Vini SIM card?
- 13 Campervan drive in NZ with toddler - good?
- 14 New Zealand - baggage storage
- 15 New Zealand Itinerary
- 16 Best time to visit New Zealand?
- 17 New Zealand February 2017 Questions
- 18 Help on Itinerary
- 19 Sydney Trip
- 20 GTG in Australia - Feb or March
- 21 Just got back from Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Honeymoon video inside.
- 22 Sydney. Where to stay.
- 23 Restaurant for Birthday Dinner in Melourne
- 24 Indian restaurants in Sydney.
- 25 Extra 2 nights = help
10 days in North Island in July - Auckland then 6 days on the road