I am looking into planning a 10 day trip to the south island of New Zealand. I'm curious about a itinerary and the cheapest way to travel from town to town. Here are the places I was thinking of visiting so far:
Day 1: Arrive in Christchurch
Day 2: Franz Josef Glacier
Day 3: Franz Josef Glacier
Day 4: Queenstown
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Milford Sound
After that, I am hoping to stay 4 more days somewhere. We would like to go bungy jumping, but we do not have a large budget for this so if there are any inexpensive activities that would be great. We are planning on going in May. I would be grateful for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February