Thank you for your help last time . We’ve doubt and hope to get some feedback from the experienced travellers. 1. Should we split our 2 night stays in Gletanner Park into 1 night in Glentanner Park and 1 night in Aoraki Court Motel?
Our rationales: We ’ll be leaving Akaroa , lunch at Lake Tekapo and visit Mt John on the same day(29 Nov) , so by the time we reach Glentanner Park will be after 5 pm. The next morning we’ll travel to the Mt. Cook village. We think by doing us we save time and energy as Gletanner Park is about 20 km from Mt cook. Another reason is Mt cook weather day is always unpredictable and the enjoyable of the visit is weather dependable, so if come to worst, at least we have 1 day good day in Glentanner Park.
What do you think? Thank you in advance.
P/s Bellow is our itinerary for your reference
26 Nov Land about 12 am in CHR (overnight flight from Malaysia and transit
in Singapore & Sydney ) Stay at Dorset House
27 Nov Explore Christchurch and buy groceries. Stay at Dorset House
28 Nov Akaroa ( Rental a car, buy groceries at New World, Day tour to Banks
Peninsular )Stay Double Dutch
29 Nov Mt. Cook (lunch at Lake Tekapo & Visit Mt. John Observatory on
the way). Stay in Glentanner Park
30 Nov Mt. Cook (Glazier Explorers Tour) Stay in Glentanner Park
1 Dec . Wanaka (Mt. Iron walk)
2 Dec Wanaka (scenic flight/ Jet Boating, Bicycle riding)
3 Dec Wanaka
4 Dec Te Anau ( Explore and short walks)
5 Dec Te Anau ( The Chasm and Mirror Lakes Walk, Mildford sound cruise,
Key Summit if good weather & still fit )
6 Dec Queenstown ( Glenorchy Lagoon Boardwalk , Moke lake )
7 Dec Queenstown ( bicycle riding and short walks)
8 Dec Queenstown. Return the car
9. Dec Early flight from Queenstown
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Hamilton Island
- 2 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 3 7 days in New Zealand
- 4 Help with planning 7 weeks in NZ
- 5 Mt Buller for 1 night in July
- 6 16 Days on the South Island
- 7 Need help in Auckland
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Tahiti
- 9 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 10 Six Weeks Down Under
- 11 Itinerary for full day bus trip outside of Auckland
- 12 Uber in Sydney
- 13 Sydney Airport for International Flight
- 14 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 15 Sydney GTG - March 14?
- 16 Darwin Accomodations
- 17 Airport Fees for Europcar Rental Cars
- 18 New Zealand Itinerary - Looking for suggestions on 12-13 days on the Ground
- 19 Lodging Reservations in NSW
- 20 New Zealand 3-week itinerary over Christmas
- 21 The Red Center?
- 22 Trip to Cairns
- 23 Blue mountain Or Daintree in July
- 24 Sydney Restauranr Near Opera House for Early Dining
- 25 Kaikoura-Picton coast road