My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sydney middle of March, we then return back to the UK from Cairns a month later. Our plan is to initally spend a few days in Sydney then head to the Blue Mountains and then back to Sydney to pick up a hire car/campervan and travel up the East Coast. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions....
1. Is it best to fly Sydney to Brisbane? We love the outdoors, mountains, national parks etc...and I know they are a few en-route to Brisbane.
2. Would it be best to travel hiring a campervan or a car & motels? We do not want to be restricted in the amount of time we have in anyone place .
3. Is it easy to book into a motel/campsite last minutue, ie. that day?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 GOR & Otway zipline together
- 2 14 day South NZ Trip
- 3 Aurora dazzles Kiwis
- 4 Best national park around Sydney
- 5 1 night stay around GOR
- 6 First time in NZ. Need advice on Dec trip itinerary pls.
- 7 7 days in New Zealand
- 8 One-day hike in Milford area
- 9 NZ: Northland & Bay of Islands 10 days
- 10 New Zealand and Australia at last!
- 11 NZ repeat visitors
- 12 Looking for tour for 30 something's
- 13 South Island Suggestions
- 14 Best spot for first time SCUBA
- 15 Fairly easy cycling on the South Island
- 16 Trip to Bora Bora Australia in January
- 17 Oz air carrier recommendation
- 18 Challenges of readying Christchurch-Kaikoura-Picton road by Xmas
- 19 NYTimes: trouble along the Great Barrier Reef
- 20 Gold Coast - places to visit and stay
- 21 New Zealand Car Rental
- 22 Sun, sandflies & sauvignon blanc: A short trip to the spectacular NZ SI
- 23 What exactly is a NZ sound?
- 24 4 weeks in New Zealand
- 25 An interesting read re driving to Milford Sound