we'll be in Australia for the whole month of September in honeymoon.
We are trying to plan or trip. We are mainly interested in the landscape/naturalistic opportunities, but we also love snorkeling.
After the initial "we gotta see everything" moment, we see now that, even if 1 month is a lot of time, Australia is really too big. Therefore we have excluded the West and Uluru's area (we hope to visit them on our next visit).
This is a tour plan draft. We would land and leave from Melbourne to save some money on international flights (it takes 200/300 € more if you want to arrive and leave from different cities).
2/9 Arrive in Melbourne
5/9 Great Ocean Road by car
6/9 Great Ocean Road by car
7/9 Car transfer to Adelaide
9/9 Kangaroo Island
10/9 Kangaroo Island
11/9 Flight Adelaide to Darwin
12/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
13/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
14/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
15/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
16/9 Flight Darwin to Cairns
17/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
18/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
19/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
20/9 Car transfer from Cairns to Airlie Beach
21/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
22/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
23/9 Cruise + night bus Airlie Beach to Hervey Bay
24/9 Fraser Island
25/9 Flight Hervey Bay to Sydney
28/9 Flight Sydney to Melbourne
29/9 Phillip Island
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Fantastic South Island Trip May-June 2016
- 2 Advice on Rome/Tuscany/Amalfi Itinerary
- 3 Is it Worth a Detour to Ballarat before GOR Drive
- 4 Cairns to Sydney early 2017
- 5 help on NZ trip itinerary, what to keep what to skip
- 6 Apex car rental in Australia
- 7 10 days in North Island in July - Auckland then 6 days on the road
- 8 8 Full Days South Island: Itinerary Advise
- 9 New Zealand North Island Logistics
- 10 Seeking StopOver Ideas for US to Australia Trip
- 11 some questions about upcoming trip to Australia and New Zealand
- 12 A family trip to Sydney and the Blue Mountains
- 13 Drive from Nelson or Christchurch to Queenstown during winter
- 14 6 1/2 weeks Australia and New Zealand
- 15 Stay near to Melbourne airport / city?
- 16 Where best to pickup rental car in Sydney to travel to the Blue Mountains?
- 17 New Zealand 12 Days Aug-Sept
- 18 2016 Rugby internationals - anyone watching?
- 19 Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand
- 20 13 Days North & South Island in October (NZ Spring)
- 21 Tasmania
- 22 NZ expects 4.5 million tourists per year by 2022
- 23 Help for 6 days based in Queenstown
- 24 Accommodations Brisbane
- 25 Skiing in Australia in July?