we'll be in Australia for the whole month of September in honeymoon.
We are trying to plan or trip. We are mainly interested in the landscape/naturalistic opportunities, but we also love snorkeling.
After the initial "we gotta see everything" moment, we see now that, even if 1 month is a lot of time, Australia is really too big. Therefore we have excluded the West and Uluru's area (we hope to visit them on our next visit).
This is a tour plan draft. We would land and leave from Melbourne to save some money on international flights (it takes 200/300 € more if you want to arrive and leave from different cities).
2/9 Arrive in Melbourne
5/9 Great Ocean Road by car
6/9 Great Ocean Road by car
7/9 Car transfer to Adelaide
9/9 Kangaroo Island
10/9 Kangaroo Island
11/9 Flight Adelaide to Darwin
12/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
13/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
14/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
15/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
16/9 Flight Darwin to Cairns
17/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
18/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
19/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
20/9 Car transfer from Cairns to Airlie Beach
21/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
22/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
23/9 Cruise + night bus Airlie Beach to Hervey Bay
24/9 Fraser Island
25/9 Flight Hervey Bay to Sydney
28/9 Flight Sydney to Melbourne
29/9 Phillip Island
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
1 month in Australia - tour plan
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Our First Trip to New Zealand
- 2 Sydney
- 3 Incredible hotel
- 4 Australian Aborigines
- 5 Good places to stay for 2015 AFC Asian Cup
- 6 South Island - 8 days in February
- 7 Sydney - Melbourne 2 night / 3 day Road Trip
- 8 australia new zealand trip advice
- 9 New Zealand trip -itinerary help please
- 10 Milford Sound Cruise
- 11 14 day South Island Self drive
- 12 Do Great Ocean Road or head to New Zealand?
- 13 Cruise New Zealand
- 14 Help with Australia/ New Zealand plan!
- 15 Need Packing Advice for Sydney and New Zealand in January
- 16 New Zealand Accommodations
- 17 16 days all over New Zealand
- 18 New Zealand Accommodation Recommendations Needed
- 19 Optimum time to visit both New Zealand and Australia
- 20 Land Portion of our Cruise Tour of Australia and New Zealand
- 21 Songdoc's 5th Trip to Gorgeous New Zealand: A Trip Report
- 22 New Zealand itinerary help
- 23 New Zealand with Hannabelle
- 24 Campervan/Motorhomes vs Car hire in New Zealand
- 25 Packing list for New Zealand, February 2013