we'll be in Australia for the whole month of September in honeymoon.
We are trying to plan or trip. We are mainly interested in the landscape/naturalistic opportunities, but we also love snorkeling.
After the initial "we gotta see everything" moment, we see now that, even if 1 month is a lot of time, Australia is really too big. Therefore we have excluded the West and Uluru's area (we hope to visit them on our next visit).
This is a tour plan draft. We would land and leave from Melbourne to save some money on international flights (it takes 200/300 € more if you want to arrive and leave from different cities).
2/9 Arrive in Melbourne
5/9 Great Ocean Road by car
6/9 Great Ocean Road by car
7/9 Car transfer to Adelaide
9/9 Kangaroo Island
10/9 Kangaroo Island
11/9 Flight Adelaide to Darwin
12/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
13/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
14/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
15/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
16/9 Flight Darwin to Cairns
17/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
18/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
19/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
20/9 Car transfer from Cairns to Airlie Beach
21/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
22/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
23/9 Cruise + night bus Airlie Beach to Hervey Bay
24/9 Fraser Island
25/9 Flight Hervey Bay to Sydney
28/9 Flight Sydney to Melbourne
29/9 Phillip Island
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Cream is a pain free solution for making your skin
- 2 Melbourne - Port Douglas - GBR for New Years
- 3 3 weeks in Aus in March
- 4 NZ Honeymoon in February -14 days
- 5 first time to Australia and new Zealand
- 6 New Zealand tenative 18 day itinerary
- 7 drive or fly?
- 8 I've been given my assignment: Fiji and...?
- 9 Nelson, New Zealand
- 10 Melbourne City Holiday Apartment
- 11 10-12 days in Tasmania
- 12 Is Jetstar really that bad?
- 13 French Polynesia - Cruise or Land?
- 14 Sydney Public Transport Opal Card?
- 15 3 days in Gold cost , where to stay
- 16 I Need Help Deciding Which Way To Go Around Australia
- 17 30 Day Australia Itinerary Feedback
- 18 Nevis Bungy & Swing
- 19 Sydney & Palm Cove in November
- 20 Tahiti or Raiatea?
- 21 NZ 10 day honeymoon, driving NI and SI
- 22 Boat charter Raitea
- 23 Cairns, Darwin-Kakadu, Sydney in October
- 24 Cairns Australia
- 25 New Zealand Weather - Help!