we'll be in Australia for the whole month of September in honeymoon.
We are trying to plan or trip. We are mainly interested in the landscape/naturalistic opportunities, but we also love snorkeling.
After the initial "we gotta see everything" moment, we see now that, even if 1 month is a lot of time, Australia is really too big. Therefore we have excluded the West and Uluru's area (we hope to visit them on our next visit).
This is a tour plan draft. We would land and leave from Melbourne to save some money on international flights (it takes 200/300 € more if you want to arrive and leave from different cities).
2/9 Arrive in Melbourne
5/9 Great Ocean Road by car
6/9 Great Ocean Road by car
7/9 Car transfer to Adelaide
9/9 Kangaroo Island
10/9 Kangaroo Island
11/9 Flight Adelaide to Darwin
12/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
13/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
14/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
15/9 Darwin (Kakadu, Katherine Gorge, Litchfield Park)
16/9 Flight Darwin to Cairns
17/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
18/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
19/9 Cairns and Cape Tribulation
20/9 Car transfer from Cairns to Airlie Beach
21/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
22/9 Whitsundays Islands Cruise
23/9 Cruise + night bus Airlie Beach to Hervey Bay
24/9 Fraser Island
25/9 Flight Hervey Bay to Sydney
28/9 Flight Sydney to Melbourne
29/9 Phillip Island
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Free Camping
- 2 New Zealand SI and Auckland
- 3 Kaikoura roads update
- 4 NZ South Island Advice - Glaciers or Abel Tasman?
- 5 Maasdam (Holland America) verse Golden Princess
- 6 17 Days Around New Zealand South Island. My Jaw Dropped Everywhere I went!
- 7 Clever, mischievous keas
- 8 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 9 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 2 - Travel Report
- 10 Feedback on my 2 month OZ/NZ itin
- 11 Perth, Margaret River, Albany loop
- 12 New Zealand: Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- 13 Help with our 14-day NZ Itinerary
- 14 Driving Times South Island New Zealand
- 15 45-ish days Solo NZ Trip Report
- 16 Ohau Point Seal Colony destroyed
- 17 North or South after Perth in rental car?
- 18 Cheap and affordable car hire in port douglas
- 19 14 Day RV from Christchurch
- 20 Whales spotted off Kaikoura first time since quake
- 21 Translation of documents
- 22 SH1 to Kaikoura update
- 23 10 days NZ-crusie or land??
- 24 Cooking classes near Melbourne
- 25 Sunshine coast or gold coast in February