My husband and I are flying in and out of Sydney - December 16th to January 16th. We are both interested in the outdoors. We would like to snorkel the GBR or the Whitsunday Islands, hike, bike and kayak. My husband is also and avid birder.
These are the places we would like to visit and would appreciate all inputs on how to plan this trip. This is what we have very roughly put together:
1) A few days in and around Sydney
2) A few days snorkelling/ sailing. Suggestions please! Maybe a week for items 1 and 2
3) Tasmania - drive and hike or bike. What mode of transportation?? 1 week maybe?
4) 10 days to 2 weeks in New Zealand. Both Islands or just the South Island? What mode of transportation. One idea was to have a small camper-van. Suggestions?
If time allows, what else to see in Australia!!?
Many, many thanks for all your inputs in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 VERIZON Password recovery Contact ☎ 1:888:260:2909 VERIZON Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 Queenstown to Christchurch in 3 days
- 3 New Zealand Fly Fishing Recommendations
- 4 SAMOA - Friendly and quirky destination
- 5 Port Douglas/ Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef
- 6 NZ 1 week
- 7 Queenstown vs Christchurch
- 8 Franz Joseph and Fox Glacier
- 9 Milford Sound (Fly! Cruise! Fly!) - Travel Report
- 10 New Zealand South Island 15 Nights Itinerary
- 11 Australia for two weeks.
- 12 Palau Travel Report
- 13 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 1 - Travel Report
- 14 Uluru the Outback Tour Day 3 - Travel Report
- 15 Antarctica Penguin Disaster
- 16 7 months in Australia and New Zealand
- 17 Visa
- 18 Guam Travel Report
- 19 New Zealand Car Hire
- 20 Tasmania itinerary
- 21 McLaren Vale in South Australia as base for 4 days?
- 22 Research on Australian Tourism
- 23 Australia and NZ visit!
- 24 12 Days in S.I. NZ
- 25 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report