We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4.5 days in Singapore
- 2 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 3 Travel to India in May?
- 4 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 5 Italy from an Asian base
- 6 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 7 Advice for a newbie!
- 8 9 days in Bali
- 9 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 10 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 11 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 12 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 13 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 14 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 15 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 16 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 17 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 18 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 19 Activation of JR Pass
- 20 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 21 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 22 My new 10 year china visa
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Layover in Hong Kong
- 25 Trip to Thailand - advice