We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 2 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 3 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 4 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 5 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 6 Liza, a hot Russian Escort in Guangzhou
- 7 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 8 welcome to riverside bamboo resort hoi an
- 9 Traveling to SE Asia
- 10 discernible differences and wrinkles, expanding collagen
- 11 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 12 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 13 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 14 Hakone station confusion
- 15 TOKYO tour guide
- 16 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 17 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 18 1 month in Thailand and??
- 19 Kimballs in Panama
- 20 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 21 Visa on Arrival
- 22 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 23 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?
- 24 Flights from Florida to Thailand
- 25 Kyushu Trip May 2013