We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 4 Laos planning.
- 5 Impressions of India
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Japan - costs
- 9 Japan for Foodies
- 10 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 13 Japan Rail Pass
- 14 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 15 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Sri Lanka May
- 18 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 19 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 20 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 21 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 22 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 23 One night in Osaka
- 24 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 25 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report