We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Yuzawa or Kusatsu Onsen for snow in early January??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 4 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 5 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 9 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 10 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 11 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 12 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 13 Japan Itinerary for May
- 14 Thai island escape
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 17 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 20 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 South Korea 5 days
- 23 Japan -OAT tour
- 24 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 25 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu