We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 3 Gutted!
- 4 My visit to Lao
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 My visit to Thailand
- 7 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 10 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 11 Family Trip to Japan
- 12 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 13 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 14 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 15 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 16 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 17 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 18 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 19 New Member
- 20 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 21 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 22 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 23 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 24 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 25 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam