We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Yuzawa or Kusatsu Onsen for snow in early January??
- 1 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 2 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 3 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 4 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Visit To Goa
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 9 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 10 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 11 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 12 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 15 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 16 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 17 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 South East Asia
- 22 India's Online VISA Application
- 23 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand