We will be in Japan for 2 weeks over the new year period and want to take our kids (aged 7) to spend a couple of days in the snow. We will be in the Tokyo area so want to go somewhere that's no more than a couple of hours from there.
I have narrowed it down to Yuzawa (and the various snow resorts in that area) or Kusatsu Onsen. We are not skiers so want to go somewhere where there are snow activities such as sledding, tubing, snow mobiling, snow shoeing etc, and also some activities away from the snow. Basically the idea is to spend 3 days enjoying a snowy landscape as it will be a new thing for us!! So, where should we go?
I am concerned that there may not be enough snow around in early January at Kusatsu.
Any advice, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 3 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 4 14 days in Myanmar
- 5 Changing planes at Dubai
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 Indian Food Series
- 8 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 9 "necessities" for India
- 10 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 13 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Short trip to Myanmar
- 19 ATMs in Japan
- 20 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 21 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 22 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 25 Mandalay questions