I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan for Foodies
- 2 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 5 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 6 Singapore weather in August/September
- 7 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 8 One night in Osaka
- 9 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 10 First time going abroad
- 11 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 12 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Backpacking on a budget
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 17 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 18 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 19 electric plug
- 20 Day trips from Sapporo
- 21 Etiquette in Japan
- 22 Northern Thailand Options
- 23 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 24 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 25 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto