I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 3 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 6 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 7 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 8 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 9 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 10 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 11 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 13 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 14 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 15 November, March, June... Japan?
- 16 Itinerary Help Japan
- 17 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 18 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 19 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 20 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 21 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 22 Silk Road Tour - China
- 23 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 24 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 25 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice