I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 2 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 3 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 4 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 5 Sri Lanka advice
- 6 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 7 Ryokan in Japan
- 8 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 9 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 10 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Itinerary & airport help
- 13 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 14 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 15 Train trip costs help please
- 16 Snapshots From Kerala
- 17 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 20 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 21 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time
- 22 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 23 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 24 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 25 Good Places to See in Ooty?