I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 6 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 7 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 8 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 9 Best and lightest surge protector....suggestions?
- 10 Magical India
- 11 India itinerary critique please
- 12 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 20 Himachal Pradesh
- 21 Luggage size China ?
- 22 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 23 Thai Elephants
- 24 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 25 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?