I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 2 Japan GTG, early April
- 3 Beijing tours
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 9 Takayama trail, Japan
- 10 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 11 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 12 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 13 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 14 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand