I am planning to travel with a friend to China in December, for three weeks. We are planning to enter China from Vietnam via Hekou, travel in Yunnan for about 10 days, and then head on east to Guilin and Yangshou, and finally Hong Kong. For both of us, this is our first trip to China.
We were checking how to get to Guilin from Yunnan, and found the most direct way that is not by flight (we will be on a budget...) is by rail from Kunming. However, we saw that it is at least 18 hours of travel, so we were wondering - would you recommend some non direct way of travelling to Guilin?
I saw a suggested intinerary here: wikitravel.org/en/Overland_Kunming_to_Hong_K…
that more or less fits what we were looking for, but I have no idea how much time this would take...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HELP : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Twin rooms in Japan
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 sri lanka- tips required
- 7 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 8 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 9 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 10 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 17 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 18 Christmas in the Alps
- 19 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 20 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 21 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 22 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 23 Laos or Kerala?
- 24 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 25 Bali & Singapore in October