OK Fodorites, you might have talked me into doing China on our own, instead of with a tour operator. I'm looking at the Yunnan area and want to visit these three areas but need help figuring out how much time to spend in each. My first guess is Dali, three nights at Linden Centre; Lijiang, three nights at Crowne Plaza, Pullman Lijiang Resort or Banyan Tree Lijiang; and two nights at Shangri-la, Songstam Retreat. I was really trying to see this area in 7 days, if possible, but this is 8 days...and I really would have liked 3 nights at Shangri La as well. Hopefully, some of you have been here and know how many activities, sights to see there are in each area....and please offer any comments you have on where to stay or guides that you used. This is our first trip to China...we'll be flying into Dali from Beijing, and continuing on a flight from Shangr-la to Guilin for several days and then Shanghai.
Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 3 2nd location on the beach
- 4 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 5 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 6 Thailand - Food recos
- 7 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 8 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 9 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 10 Laos for the backpacker
- 11 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 12 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 13 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 14 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 15 Thailand Hotel
- 16 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 17 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 18 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 19 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 20 vietnam and laos
- 21 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 22 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 23 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 24 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 25 5 nights in Japan.