OK Fodorites, you might have talked me into doing China on our own, instead of with a tour operator. I'm looking at the Yunnan area and want to visit these three areas but need help figuring out how much time to spend in each. My first guess is Dali, three nights at Linden Centre; Lijiang, three nights at Crowne Plaza, Pullman Lijiang Resort or Banyan Tree Lijiang; and two nights at Shangri-la, Songstam Retreat. I was really trying to see this area in 7 days, if possible, but this is 8 days...and I really would have liked 3 nights at Shangri La as well. Hopefully, some of you have been here and know how many activities, sights to see there are in each area....and please offer any comments you have on where to stay or guides that you used. This is our first trip to China...we'll be flying into Dali from Beijing, and continuing on a flight from Shangr-la to Guilin for several days and then Shanghai.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 2 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 3 Annapurna Semi Circuit Trekking
- 4 Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking
- 5 Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- 6 Go Processing Complaints| Go Processing Online Complaints
- 7 Laos planning.
- 8 To do or not to do - trek in Nepal
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 11 Bye bye SE Asia
- 12 Japan - costs
- 13 Japan for Foodies
- 14 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 15 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 16 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 17 Japan Rail Pass
- 18 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 19 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 20 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 21 Sri Lanka May
- 22 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 23 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 24 Japan rough itinerary
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice