OK Fodorites, you might have talked me into doing China on our own, instead of with a tour operator. I'm looking at the Yunnan area and want to visit these three areas but need help figuring out how much time to spend in each. My first guess is Dali, three nights at Linden Centre; Lijiang, three nights at Crowne Plaza, Pullman Lijiang Resort or Banyan Tree Lijiang; and two nights at Shangri-la, Songstam Retreat. I was really trying to see this area in 7 days, if possible, but this is 8 days...and I really would have liked 3 nights at Shangri La as well. Hopefully, some of you have been here and know how many activities, sights to see there are in each area....and please offer any comments you have on where to stay or guides that you used. This is our first trip to China...we'll be flying into Dali from Beijing, and continuing on a flight from Shangr-la to Guilin for several days and then Shanghai.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Traffic and Police in India
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 6 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 10 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 3 weeks in Japan
- 13 A first time for everything in Japan
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 16 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 17 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 18 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 19 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 20 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 21 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 22 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 23 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 24 Vietnam Dong
- 25 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018