OK Fodorites, you might have talked me into doing China on our own, instead of with a tour operator. I'm looking at the Yunnan area and want to visit these three areas but need help figuring out how much time to spend in each. My first guess is Dali, three nights at Linden Centre; Lijiang, three nights at Crowne Plaza, Pullman Lijiang Resort or Banyan Tree Lijiang; and two nights at Shangri-la, Songstam Retreat. I was really trying to see this area in 7 days, if possible, but this is 8 days...and I really would have liked 3 nights at Shangri La as well. Hopefully, some of you have been here and know how many activities, sights to see there are in each area....and please offer any comments you have on where to stay or guides that you used. This is our first trip to China...we'll be flying into Dali from Beijing, and continuing on a flight from Shangr-la to Guilin for several days and then Shanghai.
Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 1 South East Asia
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 4 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 5 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 6 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 10 1 week Philippines
- 11 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 12 Japan: best time to go?
- 13 Magical India
- 14 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 15 Travel Insurance
- 16 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 SALAY from BAGAN
- 19 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 20 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 21 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 22 cell phone in india
- 23 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 24 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 25 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May