OK Fodorites, you might have talked me into doing China on our own, instead of with a tour operator. I'm looking at the Yunnan area and want to visit these three areas but need help figuring out how much time to spend in each. My first guess is Dali, three nights at Linden Centre; Lijiang, three nights at Crowne Plaza, Pullman Lijiang Resort or Banyan Tree Lijiang; and two nights at Shangri-la, Songstam Retreat. I was really trying to see this area in 7 days, if possible, but this is 8 days...and I really would have liked 3 nights at Shangri La as well. Hopefully, some of you have been here and know how many activities, sights to see there are in each area....and please offer any comments you have on where to stay or guides that you used. This is our first trip to China...we'll be flying into Dali from Beijing, and continuing on a flight from Shangr-la to Guilin for several days and then Shanghai.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 weeks in Japan
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 4 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 My visit to Thailand
- 7 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 8 My visit to Cambodia
- 9 Japn tour 10 nights
- 10 Family Trip to Japan
- 11 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 12 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 13 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 14 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 My visit to Vietnam
- 17 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 18 Nepal
- 19 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 20 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 21 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 22 Gutted!
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 My visit to Lao
- 25 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!