Thank you all for your suggestions of Asian destinations with 7-10 days from NY. If we were to travel to Asia, Hong Kong sounds like the perfect compromise to satisfy both my husband's and my own travel tastes. My next question is whether it's possible to have a nice Hong Kong (and Macau?) vacation without exorbitant costs (we've heard it's one of the most expensive cities in the world). Our last big trip was to Africa for our honeymoon where we went "all out" and stayed at Oberoi, Singita and Cape Grace. If it is possible to have a nice stay in Hong Kong without paying Singita prices, can you please suggest some hotels, etc. that I can start looking into? Keep in mind that we would be visiting some time between Feb-Apr. Thank you!
You suggested Hong Kong, is it possible to visit on a budget?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 2 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 7 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 8 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 9 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 10 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 11 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 12 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 13 Visa
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai