Thank you all for your suggestions of Asian destinations with 7-10 days from NY. If we were to travel to Asia, Hong Kong sounds like the perfect compromise to satisfy both my husband's and my own travel tastes. My next question is whether it's possible to have a nice Hong Kong (and Macau?) vacation without exorbitant costs (we've heard it's one of the most expensive cities in the world). Our last big trip was to Africa for our honeymoon where we went "all out" and stayed at Oberoi, Singita and Cape Grace. If it is possible to have a nice stay in Hong Kong without paying Singita prices, can you please suggest some hotels, etc. that I can start looking into? Keep in mind that we would be visiting some time between Feb-Apr. Thank you!
You suggested Hong Kong, is it possible to visit on a budget?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 3 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 6 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 7 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 8 Trip report China
- 9 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 10 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 11 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 12 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 13 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 14 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 15 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 16 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 17 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 18 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 21 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 22 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 23 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 24 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 25 Anyone in Bangkok