I am planning an upcoming trip to China. I will arrive June 2nd and depart June 11th, so I have 8 full days in between. I am visiting a friend who is in Beijing, so we will definitely spend some time in that area checking out the major sites and the great wall. We are deciding between also visiting Xi'an or the Yellow Mountains. The yellow mountains are supposed to be very beautiful, but seeing the Terracotta army at Xi'an would also be good. Any suggestions on which is the better second destination? Is it possible to do all three if we use overnight trains?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Lodge in Borneo
- 6 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 7 China and Japan help
- 8 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 9 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 12 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 Requesting Passport Number
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 17 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 18 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 19 Phu Quoc
- 20 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 21 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 22 Help! India Visa question....
- 23 Singapore hotel
- 24 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 25 Indonesia in February/rainy season