We're back already about a month from our China trip which supposedly we took so we can cross the country out of our bucket list. We did not expect to love the trip... yes, smog was everywhere so as spitting, hacking and the most unsanitary conditions we have seen and experienced. But, China is full of amazing history , sites and contrasts. You could be in ancient site one minute and not too far will be the most modern building. The only things constant are constructions and changes. And the food, wow! We must have tried at least 6 different cuisines with Xian foods, being our favorite. The Muslim quarter of Xian is truly a food mecca with explosion of unique flavors. And I am obsessed with the Xian crystal mooncake... I thought it could very well be compared to the best Parisian pastry! It's made of a very flaky pastry with various fillings like crushed walnut, yellow bean paste, sesame seed paste and essence of rose. Does anyone know if and where I can get this in NYC?
Xian Crystal Mooncake
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 3 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 4 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 5 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 6 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 7 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Kashmir today
- 10 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 11 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 12 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 13 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 16 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 17 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 18 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 19 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 20 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 21 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Triple Room in Singapore
- 24 What I like about Mumbai
- 25 Favorite hotel in X'ian?