We're back already about a month from our China trip which supposedly we took so we can cross the country out of our bucket list. We did not expect to love the trip... yes, smog was everywhere so as spitting, hacking and the most unsanitary conditions we have seen and experienced. But, China is full of amazing history , sites and contrasts. You could be in ancient site one minute and not too far will be the most modern building. The only things constant are constructions and changes. And the food, wow! We must have tried at least 6 different cuisines with Xian foods, being our favorite. The Muslim quarter of Xian is truly a food mecca with explosion of unique flavors. And I am obsessed with the Xian crystal mooncake... I thought it could very well be compared to the best Parisian pastry! It's made of a very flaky pastry with various fillings like crushed walnut, yellow bean paste, sesame seed paste and essence of rose. Does anyone know if and where I can get this in NYC?
Xian Crystal Mooncake
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 2 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 3 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 4 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 5 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 6 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 7 Travel during China national week?
- 8 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 11 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 12 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 13 Bali or Fiji
- 14 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 15 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 16 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 17 Don't use World Expeditions
- 18 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 19 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 20 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 21 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 22 3 days in Teheran
- 23 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 24 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 25 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?