We're back already about a month from our China trip which supposedly we took so we can cross the country out of our bucket list. We did not expect to love the trip... yes, smog was everywhere so as spitting, hacking and the most unsanitary conditions we have seen and experienced. But, China is full of amazing history , sites and contrasts. You could be in ancient site one minute and not too far will be the most modern building. The only things constant are constructions and changes. And the food, wow! We must have tried at least 6 different cuisines with Xian foods, being our favorite. The Muslim quarter of Xian is truly a food mecca with explosion of unique flavors. And I am obsessed with the Xian crystal mooncake... I thought it could very well be compared to the best Parisian pastry! It's made of a very flaky pastry with various fillings like crushed walnut, yellow bean paste, sesame seed paste and essence of rose. Does anyone know if and where I can get this in NYC?
Xian Crystal Mooncake
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed