We're back already about a month from our China trip which supposedly we took so we can cross the country out of our bucket list. We did not expect to love the trip... yes, smog was everywhere so as spitting, hacking and the most unsanitary conditions we have seen and experienced. But, China is full of amazing history , sites and contrasts. You could be in ancient site one minute and not too far will be the most modern building. The only things constant are constructions and changes. And the food, wow! We must have tried at least 6 different cuisines with Xian foods, being our favorite. The Muslim quarter of Xian is truly a food mecca with explosion of unique flavors. And I am obsessed with the Xian crystal mooncake... I thought it could very well be compared to the best Parisian pastry! It's made of a very flaky pastry with various fillings like crushed walnut, yellow bean paste, sesame seed paste and essence of rose. Does anyone know if and where I can get this in NYC?
Xian Crystal Mooncake
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 2 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 6 1st time Japan - solo female
- 7 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 8 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 11 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 12 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 13 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 14 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 15 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 18 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 19 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Japan Itinerary for May
- 22 Thai island escape
- 23 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 24 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 25 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?