Fodor's Travel is looking to refresh its pool of writers for its Japan guidebook. We are particularly interested in writers based in Kyoto, Hokkaido and Tohoku.
If you are working in Japan, or nearby region, or know any writers/fact-checkers who are currently stationed there, please be in touch. Feel free to pass this request on to friends, colleagues, and journalism listservs.
Please note that we hire journalists who have local expertise (i.e. writers who work in the specific region or live there at least part of the year). We're looking to make assignments by late April and assignments are due back in mid June. Topics include sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, the arts, sports, and shopping.
If interested, please forward your resume and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clips demonstrating experience writing restaurant, hotel, or site reviews are especially valuable. Please include a few lines about your topical expertise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 8 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Himachal Pradesh
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Thai Elephants
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Sri Lanka in August
- 19 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 20 India itinerary critique please
- 21 Japan/Korea/HK
- 22 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 23 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 24 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 25 Impressions of India