Fodor's Travel is looking to refresh its pool of writers for its Japan guidebook. We are particularly interested in writers based in Kyoto, Hokkaido and Tohoku.
If you are working in Japan, or nearby region, or know any writers/fact-checkers who are currently stationed there, please be in touch. Feel free to pass this request on to friends, colleagues, and journalism listservs.
Please note that we hire journalists who have local expertise (i.e. writers who work in the specific region or live there at least part of the year). We're looking to make assignments by late April and assignments are due back in mid June. Topics include sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, the arts, sports, and shopping.
If interested, please forward your resume and clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clips demonstrating experience writing restaurant, hotel, or site reviews are especially valuable. Please include a few lines about your topical expertise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 4 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 7 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 8 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 9 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 10 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 11 Help - India take 2
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 CNX late arrival?
- 14 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 15 best singapore hotel
- 16 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 currency conversion
- 19 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 23 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 24 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 25 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June