Fodor's Travel is looking to refresh its pool of writers for its Japan guidebook. We are particularly interested in writers based in Kyoto, Hokkaido and Tohoku.
If you are working in Japan, or nearby region, or know any writers/fact-checkers who are currently stationed there, please be in touch. Feel free to pass this request on to friends, colleagues, and journalism listservs.
Please note that we hire journalists who have local expertise (i.e. writers who work in the specific region or live there at least part of the year). We're looking to make assignments by late April and assignments are due back in mid June. Topics include sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, the arts, sports, and shopping.
If interested, please forward your resume and clips to email@example.com. Clips demonstrating experience writing restaurant, hotel, or site reviews are especially valuable. Please include a few lines about your topical expertise.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 3 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 4 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 5 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 10 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 11 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 12 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Beijing tours
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 17 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 18 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 19 A great trip in India
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 22 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 23 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 24 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 25 Tour Agency Recommendation