I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 2 Made the Jump!
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 5 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 6 Some notes about South Korea
- 7 passport visa ques.
- 8 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 9 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 10 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 11 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 14 In Seoul for one day
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 18 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 21 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 22 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 23 Totally unprepared
- 24 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 25 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?