I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 2 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 3 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 4 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 5 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 6 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 7 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 8 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 9 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 10 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 11 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 12 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 13 China trip - 15 nights
- 14 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 15 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 16 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 17 Japan in July?
- 18 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 19 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 20 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 21 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 22 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 23 2-3 days in Georgia
- 24 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 25 Phuket and surrounding areas