I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 online shopping in Bangladesh
- 2 the EU floor
- 3 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 4 Sentosa Singapore
- 5 imported flooring market
- 6 India's Palace on Wheels Train Trip
- 7 Best tour operator in Bhutan 2016
- 8 What Does Garden Decking Mean?
- 9 clinton romesha
- 10 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Rishikesh, India
- 14 India in March and April??
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 17 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 18 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 19 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 20 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 21 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 22 Japan- National Holiday
- 23 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 24 Passport
- 25 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?