I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Requesting Passport Number
- 3 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 4 5 weeks in Japan
- 5 China and Japan help
- 6 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 7 Help! India Visa question....
- 8 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 9 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 10 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 11 Singapore hotel
- 12 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 13 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 14 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 15 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 16 Phu Quoc
- 17 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 18 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 19 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 22 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016
- 23 Japan winter! 2-month itinerary
- 24 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 25 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?