I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hp printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 3 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 4 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Hong Kong
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 16 Budget Servied Apt
- 17 Terracotta Warriors
- 18 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 19 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 20 hiking japan sept
- 21 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 22 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 23 The best way to My Son
- 24 Japan Itinerary!
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?