I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 2 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 3 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 4 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 5 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 6 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 7 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 8 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 9 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 10 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 11 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 12 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 13 Writers Needed for Japan
- 14 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 15 17 Day Itinerary
- 16 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 17 Bali Help
- 18 Chiang Mai to the Beach
- 19 6 days in HK with husband and 6 yr old son-would love recs
- 20 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 21 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 22 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 23 National Parks - which to choose
- 24 Smoke-Free Restaurants in Kanazawa
- 25 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!