I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 4 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 5 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 6 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 7 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 8 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 9 Restaurants in Singapore
- 10 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 11 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 12 Where to go?
- 13 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 14 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 15 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 16 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 17 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 18 Which airport for Tokyo
- 19 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 20 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 21 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 22 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 23 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 24 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 25 India at the end of May