I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 2 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 3 Indian Restaurant suggestions:
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 6 myanmar
- 7 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 9 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 12 Travel India solo
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 17 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 18 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 19 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 20 North India Itinerary advice
- 21 Indonesia travel agent
- 22 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 23 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 24 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 25 Advice on Hainan Island?
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?