I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CNX late arrival?
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Help - India take 2
- 5 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 6 The truth about elephant tourism
- 7 booking thailand trip with airfare and hotels?
- 8 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 9 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 10 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 11 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 12 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 13 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 14 is this a good travel plan?
- 15 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 16 Phenom Penh
- 17 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 18 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 19 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 20 One day in Saigon
- 21 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?