I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 2 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 12 days in Japan
- 7 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 8 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 9 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 10 Tigerwalah Experience
- 11 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 12 Where best to stay in Penang
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 15 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 18 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 19 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 20 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 21 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 22 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 23 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 24 Private guide and driver for India
- 25 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?