I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Send Rakhi gifts to Your Loved One..!!
- 2 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 3 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 8 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 10 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 11 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 12 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 Totally unprepared
- 15 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 16 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 17 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 18 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 19 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 20 An island paradise?
- 21 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 22 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 23 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 24 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 25 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?