I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 4 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 5 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 6 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 7 Visa for India
- 8 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 9 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 10 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 11 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 12 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 13 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 14 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 15 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 16 Buying jewelry in India
- 17 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 18 Chiang Mai
- 19 Phuket Weather
- 20 hanoi eats
- 21 Castle & King tour operator review
- 22 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 23 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 24 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 25 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?