I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Japan in December
- 3 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 4 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 India Add-on
- 9 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 10 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 11 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 14 Phuket
- 15 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 16 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 18 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 19 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 20 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 21 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 22 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 23 India, What Can I Say!
- 24 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 25 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015