I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 2 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 3 Airport pick up from Narita
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 6 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 7 help with itinerary!
- 8 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 12 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 13 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 14 Christmas Time in India
- 15 Having doubts with China
- 16 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 17 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 18 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 19 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 20 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 21 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 22 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 23 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 24 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 25 Myanmar podcast