I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 full days in Yagoon
- 2 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 3 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 4 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 5 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 8 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 9 Places to visit in India in October
- 10 Amphawa Floating Market
- 11 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 12 Currency in South Korea
- 13 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 14 Krabi island tours
- 15 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 18 Malaysian honeymoon
- 19 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 20 Myanmar itinerary help
- 21 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 22 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 25 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!