I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Bali - January 2015
- 4 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 5 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 6 Two questions about Thailand
- 7 Where to eat a traditional Korean banquet in Seoul?
- 8 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 9 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 10 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 11 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 12 Bali in begging of July
- 13 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 14 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 15 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 16 Which itinerary Vietnam ?
- 17 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 18 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 19 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 20 Places to visit in India in October
- 21 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 22 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 23 china
- 24 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 25 Please critique my Thailand itinerary