I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 3 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 4 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 5 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 6 Indian visa
- 7 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 8 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 12 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 13 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 14 Art in Shanghai
- 15 Dress code in India
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 21 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara