I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 2 What beach to choose?!?!
- 3 Business class on JAL
- 4 Private guides & drivers in China
- 5 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 7 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 8 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 9 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 10 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 11 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 12 Traffic in Hanoi
- 13 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 14 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 15 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 16 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 17 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 18 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 19 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 20 India group or private tour?
- 21 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 22 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 23 HA lounge at HND
- 24 Hakone Free Pass
- 25 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?