I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 South Korea 5 days
- 4 Japan -OAT tour
- 5 Thai island escape
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 12 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 13 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 14 General question
- 15 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 16 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 17 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 18 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 19 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 20 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 21 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 22 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 23 Phuket Hotel
- 24 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!