I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed