I recently started searching for accomodation in Maldives and only encountered frustration. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 kids (both are under 10 years of age). I have spent a lot of time looking through resorts that advertised themselves as kids friendly and suited our budgets. After I would select one and try to make reservation, I would get the annoying message that NONE of the roomtype would accomodate two kids. Why advertise as kids friendly and then not allow them in the room? Even in Europe, where the room size are typically smaller than what you have in the US, I did not have issue finding a hotel room that would accomodate a family with two children.
I mentioned this to some of my friends who have been to Maldives and they pointed out the children are discouraged in Maldives. We have terms such as racism and sexism. Perhaps we need one for discriminating children.
I tried calling three resorts to get clarification and NONE of them picked up the phones. I have tried LUX, Kuramathi and Filitheyo. Note that this would be my first trip to Maldives and perhaps this is just my inexperience.
By now, however, I have pretty much given up and would perhaps choose a destination where I can vacation with my family.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 2 Japanese art
- 3 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 5 First time to SEA
- 6 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 7 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 8 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 9 Hakone station confusion
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 12 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 13 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 14 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 15 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 16 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 17 Backstreet Academy
- 18 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 19 Visa on Arrival
- 20 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 21 Cebu where to stay
- 22 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 23 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 24 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 25 Traveling to SE Asia
Why no kid friendliness in Maldives? Why phones are not answered?